Activation problem

When i install my norwegian unattended xp i get i activation error popup, its no text in the box, just the title "activation error" and a ok button-

Anyone knows why this pops up? When do an install with my orginal cd i never get any questions about activation.

Is it an OEM version?

If so, it uses something called SLP (System Locked activation Protection, if I remember right) which takes care of the activation. Either you can experiment as to how you can unattend your XP and also retain SLP, or you can check with your vendor if you can exchange your current CD for a retail one, for a small difference in price.

Is it an OEM version?

If so, it uses something called SLP (System Locked activation Protection, if I remember right) which takes care of the activation. Either you can experiment as to how you can unattend your XP and also retain SLP, or you can check with your vendor if you can exchange your current CD for a retail one, for a small difference in price.

You can copy your "preactivated SLP" files to your unattended CD so you won't have to activate. The files are the following in your recovery media:

Oembios.bin, Oembios.cat, Oembios.dat and Oembios.sig. The files may be compressed and so named:

Oembios.bi_, Oembios.ca_, Oembios.da_ and Oembios.si_.

Microsoft provides "template" files of these on a normal XP CD. Simply replace those with the files from your recovery media.