Bluetooth for sp2 sucks

devil270975

I have noticed that there are a few users in the same boat as me, and that is we have got a bluetooth dongle connected to our pc's and sp2 is hell bent on using its own crappy generic driver.

here is the ironic part, windows doesnt recognise the device untill you install the software for it, then takes it upon itself to replace the drivers with its own crappy ones causing the software to fail to recognise the device.

using the drivers supplied with the device is simple enough once the software has installed cus you can force xp to use them through device manager -> update driver, but this isnt good enough, i want to do it unattended and silently.

Does anyone know how to disable S_tu_P_id_2's bluetooth support or to force it to use my drivers without all the grief.

together with my conceptronic bluetooth usb device, comes the software and driver, both are installed at the same time. they use a .msi so silent install in sp1 works perfect and i guess that nuhi will release a new version of nLite able to remove the drivers for bluetooth devices in sp2 :)

@Nephilim i've got latest version of nLite (0.98.6 Beta) and it doesn't include the entry to remove bluetooth drivers (note infrared it's not the same as bluetooth). and i think it's normal because until sp2, windows didn't have a native support for bluetooth devices