SP2 System Restore

gamehead200

My SP2 installation went very well with no problems. Now I have a folder full of system restore files (hidden as system fiels) that I guess I don't need since everything is working well. What do you think? Should I disable then re-enable system restore, or just leave it enabled for now? :)

No, not needed for auto-update, its needed for SFP and system-restore - both of which aren't really needed if you know what you are making the machine do.

So......

Disable System Restore!

I usually just disable it then re-enable it to gain a bit more space on my hard drive... Its useful sometimes when you haven't made a backup of your drive in a while! :rolleyes:

Just wanted to know what you guys thought of it after installing SP2... :)

My Recommendation is that you should have Norton Ghost 2004 (Now it is part of the Norton Systemworks Professional 2004.) then you can backup the data of disk to the image.

My recommendation is that you should turn off the system restore because the system restore is disadvantage.

system restore just sucks!!. Especially in case of Viral infections where the files in Custody of system Restore Can not be tracked down by AV software.

If u like to backup the system state of the machine -- Use NTbackup instead & make a system State backup.

Else if a Dot by dot backup is Required then u can Choose some ghosting Software as mentioned by other Seniors

system restore just sucks!!. Especially in case of Viral infections where the files in Custody of system Restore Can not be tracked down by AV software.

I don't know about other products but mcafee picks up virus in the restore point.

So does Norton Anti-Virus 2003... The last time I checked, it found a few in the System Restore files... :)