NTFS.SYS corrupted

IGNANT

I'm getting this message when I boot off an XP SP2 slipstreamed CD I created.

A little background.

I used an XP PRO Corporate Edition cd SP1 with rollup update already.

Copied the CD to a C:\XP1 folder and deleted the SVCPACK.INF and SVCPACK files. Doing so enabled me to slipstream SP2. Created a bootable CD using the XPBOOT.BIN file using NERO 63117.

I've burned 2 CDs already with the same result. The 2nd time I extracted the SP2 files to a folder and just copied the NTFS.SYS file. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong??? Thanks

I also changed the files for UXTHEME.DL_, TCPIP.SY_ and SFC_OS.DL_ with the hacked versions (ModFiles_XPSP2.RAR). those files are in lowercase by the way.

k.. this worked for me..

goto boot.ini & if u have a switch there /kernel= remove that switch

like i said.. worked 4 me :) just use bootskin if u want a custom bootscreen i guess

I got the same result. What I did different this time is load XP using my Corp. Edition XP SP1 with rollup update on a brand new hard drive. Once it was up and running with all the other patches, I loaded NERO. Went through the same steps as I had posted above and I'm back to square 1. When I boot off the CD I create it stops during the installation process with NTFS.SYS corrupted.

how did you slipstream it?

Did you use nLite or did you manually do it.

If you manually did it try using nLite (the latest version) to do it and to create the .ISO image and then burn or test in VM Ware or Virtual PC.

If that doesnt work either try using the unhacked files.

OK so with nLite I was able to burn and get to the point where I can install XP. First time I burned without the hacked files but the 2nd with the hacked files and I was still able to get to the XP installation part. COOL DEAL!!! Now when I have the time, I will install XP from scratch using this CD. Crossing my fingas!!

Thanks johnmallan :) that nlite was my last resort. I used the latest release.......

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=23960&st=10&

I also had the ntfs.sys problem because I was using our volume license XP Pro SP1 CD. I used the original WinXP released in 2001 and everything works fine now. I"m sure there is a technical way to delete/manipulate/rename some magical file, but all i know is that after several failed attempts, this worked for me.

I guess I was wrong. Even though I was able to get through the 1st part of installation, when it 1st did a reboot it gave the missing or corrupt ntfs.sys file.

Maybe you just cant use a cd with sp1 and rollup updates integrated already. I cant even find the original CD now :(

• 1 year later...
the solution to recover corrupted ntfs.sys / or damaged master boot record/boot sector

console command:

fixmbr

and

fixboot

No it isn't the right solution for the ntfs.sys problem.

Edited by Takeshi