SAV 9 - Symantec AntiVirus 9.0

prathapml

LU 2.0 (old) -------------- LU 2.5 (new)

LuComServer.exe ----------- LuComServer_2_5.EXE
LuComServerPs.dll --------- LuComServerPS_2_5.DLL
NetDetectController.dll --- NetDetectController_2_5.DLL
ProductRegCOM.dll --------- ProductRegCom_2_5.DLL
ProductRegCOMPs.dll ------- ProductRegComPS_2_5.DLL
X ------------------------- SESA.Settings.LiveUpdate
X ------------------------- unrar.dll
X ------------------------- winluproviderinst.jar
X ------------------------- luinventoryinst.jar
luproviderinst.jar -------- X

This is why the new extracted LU does not work! The MSI doesn't know anything about files in the right column.

X means not found.

hmmm...

Inside SAV.msi, you rename the first 5 files as they appear in the right column; as drthawhizkid said.

You add the next 4 files on the right to SAV.msi, and delete the last file on the left from it; as mazin says. :P

Or, easier yet for the sake of sharing, you create a special MSP to patch the AIP with those changes. mazin says, too! : thumbup

That's it! I think this is what Cee-Kay is going to do. You see, Cee-Kay; I'm reading your mind! B)

That's it! I think this is what Cee-Kay is going to do. You see, Cee-Kay; I'm reading your mind! B)

@Mazin Close enough mate, however I have modifyied the MSI installer so no renaming is required! Just exract and go. :w00t:

I've not had enough time to finish writing a guide to this yet, but using my new installer should be pretty straightforward.

Give me 10 mins and ill upload it to my web space and then I'll concentrate on finishing my guide.

Ok, I've uploaded the file, which is ready to be downloaded. Please be gentle in reporting bugs. :)

You can download the installer from here.

Simply double click the SFX archive to extract the MSI installer to the current directory... well you know the rest.

NOTE: This installer is intended for use with the updated client files, version 9.0.0.1400 only, otherwise problems will occur when you try and install using an unpatched version of SAV. (See prathapml's post on the first page for patching instructions).

Installer Change log:

1.0a : Initial Release

1.0b : Changed to correct bug reported by drthawhizkid, please download the latest version.

Bug Reports:

"There was a problem trying to register with Live Update. Live Update will not be available for this product" [Fixed].

Updates:

I been having some problems extracting the lastest definitions from the x86 updates, as far as I can tell this is only a problem on Windows XP SP2. If the x86 version doesn't work for you either, download the i32 version from here.

Extracting the contents from the i32 version, to replace the older definitions included with the Client works fine, without LiveUpdate downloading them again. :thumbup

Who invented the idea of extracting virus definitions? :thumbdown If I only can catch him/her!!!

Unfortunately, I couldn't test Cee-Kay's file due to that problem.

Neither x86 nor i32 works! :thumbdown

Fortunately, I can get the i32 version to work

However, even when I try to double-click on the x86 version a very quick dialogue box comes up (I've got a screenshot somewhere) which says Windows cannot run 16-bit apps. Now I know for certain that I've never had this problem before, so I'm pretty confident that it's SP2 that's at fault.

On a bad note Cee-Kay I tried a silent installation of SAV (using /qb) and I got this error (See Screenshot)
Sorry about that drthawhizkid, I hoped bugs wouldn't appear so quickly, :huh: nevertheless I'll start looking at what's causing this problem.

UPDATE: Hopefully, I've fixed this bug, please download the latest version at the top of this page. Once this bug has been reported as solved, I will update the change log accordingly.

Would you please give me a direct link to i32 you've downloaded?

Sure thing, you can download the i32 version here

Who invented the idea of extracting virus definitions? :thumbdown If I only can catch him/her!!!
LOL, symantec themselves.

I saw that info and me and and a few others have been spreading that idea since many months.

The point is that it (when extracted) works perfectly with NAV 200x versions. But the SAV versions have a hiccup. Hoping that all you guys get that process working, and please give details of what you did to solve it. :thumbup