Best Strategy game so far?

canny

60 members have voted

1. 1. Best Strategy game so far?

• Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge
    • Shogun: Total War
    • Total Annhiliation
    • Warcraft III

Wheres the opition for starcraft? I was made just a little before warcraft (1997) and its a very gud game !

Starcraft was released in 1997 alright, only after Warcraft I and II. :rolleyes:

As for Starcraft 2, from what I heard, it's gonna be the RTS the prequel was, plus a little bit of RPG like Blizzard did with Warcraft. :)

Btw I guess only the staff can edit that poll, but maybe the thread starter meant to ask which is the best RTS out of these specific games, and not overall...

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I had to go with Warcraft III. I did like Starcraft also. Their both Blizzard and about the same thing. Just change the storyline and the graphics. Rise of Nations is ok. I think they needed to add more to it though. Anyway, looks like Warcraft is winning. :)

I refuse to vote :)

My favourite game (and Best Strategy game according to me) is:

Age of Empires - The Roman Expansion.

While I generally do like the entire Age of Empires series (incl. AoM-The Titans), the one I mention above has special appeal to me because:

1. It carries on the tradition of strategy games, but with its own unique special features.

2. It is a bug-fixed version of AoE-1, and has more maps/campaigns to play.

3. It retains the fundamental attraction of running quite decently even on an old 100 MHz PC (so I can play it *ABSOLUTELY* wherever I want, without bothering about system requirements).