the little picture in my computer...

hi,

i want to change the little picture in "my computer"

(you can see it when you right click "my computer" select properties and look under the screen with the ms-sign on it)

can anybody say me which dll or exe it contains? it's not in ntoskrnl.exe and not in msgina.dll :)(

thx

do you mean this picture ... it´s  in c:\windows\system32\sysdm.cpl (bitmap 1033)

Great finding! I didn't know that. I think it's the whole applet of System Properties.

Have you played with it?

yes i did ..  hehe take a look ^^

icons: crystalXP

WOW! COOL!

One more question: Are there certain specs for that pic to work fine? I mean: width, height, density, jpg, bmp, etc..?

@mazin .. make sure its have the same size as the original pic ... the pic must be in bmp format! that's it!

@gabriel_buc .. i use Resource Hacker too. What you do is that you first make a backup of the current sysdm.cpl in windows/system32 and you restart your computer and boot in to the Windows XP installation cd. When you reach the first prompt, press "R" for recovery console. When inside the console, you copy your new sysdm.cpl to the windows/system32 folder and overwrite the existing sysdm.cpl