xp sp2 dr. watson

angel0104

hi! i've recently did a fresh install of xp w/ sp2 integrated and i'm having this kind of problem. everytime i try to right click on a file, the system hangs and a watsonr error would appea. when i click ok explorer would restart. i'm having trouble right clicking on my files now. please help. thanks.

this is my error:

err.bmp

hi! i've recently did a fresh install of xp w/ sp2 integrated and i'm having this kind of problem. everytime i try to right click on a file, the system hangs and a watsonr error would appea. when i click ok explorer would restart. i'm having trouble right clicking on my files now. please help. thanks.

Hey man, i had the same problem. U should try uninstalling DivX. It helper for me. DEP stuff didn't help...

Hey just read post... I found that the problem seems to be with video files located in the directory you are looking. When the windblows media player tries to use the proper codec to view a thumbnail on the left of the explorer windows it sometimes crashes. I have uninstalled WMP and reinstalled my codecs and now all is well.

Before this I couldn't go into some video directories... it would 100% crash.

Peace,

Jaffas

Data excecution prevention. works both hardware and software . As intel and amd 32-bit machine don't have hardware support fro DEP. So windows provide support for DEP . Hardware support fro DEp can only be found in case of Athlon 64 machines and Itel 64 bit machines .

start > settings > control panel > system > select advanced tab click on settings

now navigate to DEP and select select 2 option turn on DEpP for program which i select the app program.

Windows XP SP2 : DivX causes explorer (shell, task) to stop responding when right click.

" DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

EventType : BEX P1 : drwtsn32.exe P2 : 5.1.2600.0 P3 : 3b7d84a2

P4 : dbghelp.dll P5 : 5.1.2600.2180 P6 : 4110969a P7 : 0001295d

P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000 "

It creates 2 Events in Event Viewer reported as Application Error Category (100) Event ID 1000 : Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x0001295d, AND,

Winlogon Category None Event ID 1002 : The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.

Administrator account was NOT impacted by this problem !?!

DivX was the source of the problem and the system WORKED perfectly as soon as I Uninstalled it, no need to reboot ! (Strange...)

We now need to find a suitable solution for DivX to Work...

Guys,

I tried both Dr.Divx Bundle 1.0.5 and 1.0.4 and WENT in troubles related above.

Now I installed DivX52XP2K.exe from DivXNetworks, Inc :

http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX52XP2K.exe

and still without rebooting, my Explorer.exe is OK with right click and much faster.

Have a nice day (or night) !

Solution for Dr.DivX would be appreciated...

• 1 year later...

:thumbup I have been working two days on this issue, thanks to angel0104

uninstalling DivX resolved the issue. I even open an issue with Microsoft and they just mentioned 3rd party application causing the issue :wacko: . Thanks again.