Question: regarding Plus!98 and XP

snackwell

I don't have the NT Plus! pack so I'm afraid I couldn't check those. Since it's NT based it may require some other dlls. You might try running it in NT compatibility mode though.

I think the sage.dll is just used for the system agent feature that let's you launch them by clicking in the corners. I don't really need that so I didn't look into it; they work without it. You can always just create a shortcut to the scr files if you want to launch them manually.

The files below do not work using Resource Hacker to change the "Wildlife 32" to "name of screensaver":

Dangerous Creatures

Inside Your Computer

Leonardo da Vinci

but the _original Resource Hacker makes works and shows up in the Screensaver list

Dangerous Creatures_original

Inside Your Computer_original

Leonardo da Vinci_original

That also happened for me, I have no idea why. It might be because there is a space in the file names. Anyway just remove the _original from the name and they will work fine. Make sure their dll files have the same name as each scr file. All of them do show up properly in my screensaver list now.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
I've created an .MSI package that will install the Win NT 4.0, Plus95, and Windows98 themes on Windows XP. Also it adds the WinNT4, Win95, and Win98 sound schemes, and some Vista eye candy.

Now I'd like to have a look at adding the Plus98 desktop themes. However, some screensavers don't work; like Corbis Photography and the Horror screensaver. Anybody know how to get those working on WinXP?

Thanks. Edited by enuffsaid

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Now I'd like to have a look at adding the Plus98 desktop themes. However, some screensavers don't work; like Corbis Photography and the Horror screensaver. Anybody know how to get those working on WinXP?

I used to have corbis photo and horror screensaver working under XP, enuffsaid. it required a bunch of registry entries to get them to work. but since I don't use 'em anymore I kinda forgot how to make them work.