SP2 and AIM Video Connect

Synapse

downloaded SP2 and installed it came back on and tried too video connect and it wouldn't connect. disabled the Windows firewall and still didn't work. so now i'm uninstallin SP2 :rolleyes::)

Why is video connect so important too me? cause my GF is on the other side of the country and its only way i can talk/see her :D once were together though i'll give SP2 another try but until then SP1!

downloaded SP2 and installed it came back on and tried too video connect and it wouldn't connect. disabled the Windows firewall and still didn't work. so now i'm uninstallin SP2  :rolleyes:  :)

Why is video connect so important too me? cause my GF is on the other side of the country and its only way i can talk/see her :D once were together though i'll give SP2 another try but until then SP1!

It may or may not be purely an individual software incompatibility. One video/voice program I found that worked well when it comes to restrictions (ie firewalls) was Eyeball Chat. It's been awhile since it was updated but it still functions quite nicely and has a lot of flexibility as far as video quality vs bandwidth.

I haven't updated to SP2 yet [so I cannot confirm if Eyeball works with it] and won't be doing so until I've seen the reactions of other people and I've had a chance to test it on my slush system.

LOL,

Free tech support - FROM INDIA !

The Indian tech support Microsoft uses is absolutely useless. You will be on hold for an eternity. When you finally get through they won't know what the hell your talking about.

I've had MSDN for years (not cheap) because when I need help, I need to talk to someone SMART. Now that they started using Indians MSDN is near useless to me. They make you go through 3 teirs of support before they "escalate" your call to the US.

I'm not being racist here, I'm stating a fact. Don't waste your time.