HOWTO Firefox 0.9.3 unattended

chriskc

Actually if all you care about is installing it...some one posted a AutoIt script or exe that will install it.

Now if you want more stuff done than just a default install...then the link I posted prior seems to do the trick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vann -

hmm I don't know about ugly hack...matter of taste I guess. Actually I prefer the control that AutoIt give me over just a plain jane silent install...only a few installers out there allow you to set the destination directory and start menu directory...in general most just toss crap every where so when you finally login you are faced with a ungodly mess.

Sure you can add in batch files to clean stuff up....but thats adding to the unattend CD\DVD and making more of a mess.

Also I don't see the diff between keeping track of your setup.exe vs an autoit.exe....

I also find it reasuring to see app's actually installing rather than sitting there wonderiing if the system is hung or not.

For each thier own...but I wouldn't be so quick to diss on AutoIt just for s***z and grinz. :)

• 1 month later...

think Im going for the method in the startpost...

but if I understand correctly... the final steps you have to download the Mozilla Suite? and only copy and overwrite the setup.exe file from this installer package?

How did you ever come up with this trick?