SP2 for other languages?

roel

Hi, Does anybody know a way to install the english sp2 update on other Winxp versions? I'ld think a lot a people would want to try sp2 out, even though their language is not yet supported... Because no one can tell how long it will take b4 all the sp2 versions are available...

This might be useful:

When can I order a CD in my language?

CD Language

Date Available to Order

English

August 25, 2004

German

September 1, 2004

Japanese

September 1, 2004

French

September 1, 2004

Chinese (Simplified)

September 8, 2004

Spanish

September 8, 2004

Korean

September 8, 2004

Chinese (Traditional)

September 8, 2004

Chinese (Hong Kong)

September 8, 2004

Italian

September 8, 2004

Brazilian

September 8, 2004

Russian

September 8, 2004

Dutch

September 8, 2004

Swedish

September 8, 2004

Danish

September 8, 2004

Czech

September 8, 2004

Polish

September 8, 2004

Norwegian

September 8, 2004

Turkish

September 8, 2004

Hungarian

September 8, 2004

Portuguese

September 15, 2004

Arabic

September 15, 2004

Hebrew

September 15, 2004

Greek

September 15, 2004

Finnish

September 15, 2004

The above has already been posted on MSFN somewhere, but I forget where I saw it. The source for the above - XP Service Pack 2 on CD.

That list gives you an idea of how long you have to wait for SP2 in your language. And, no, you can't install the english version on non-english versions without suffering disastrous results.

was me here :rolleyes:

and the source from M$

also i have tried to install sp2 rc1 on my spanish xp, you simply have to copy your installation xp cd and overwrite the files with sp2 ones. this leeds you on serious problems to bypass during installation. after them xp is installed but of course all menus are in english and you should encounter many versions incompatibility problems and program crashes.

be patient there is not much left until the sp2 comes in your language :)

That's what i thought... no problem i'll just wait. Thx Prathapml for the release dates. But since i'm on broadband, i prefer simply downloading it form windows update, and then i'll make an unattended xp cd including the sp2 update. I hear it's gonna be soon, but i suppose the dutch version will be a available a lot later then the other ones... Or not ?? Anyway, thx for the replies.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Just a quick heads-up:

Once SP2 is rolled out to online all those who matter (customers), it will be available free-of-charge on CD, you can place the order here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...us/default.mspx

The ordering facility will start sometime in September, so don't complain it hasn't started yet!

Chinese (Traditional)

September 8, 2004

Chinese (Simplified)

September 8, 2004

Available today, August 24, 2004.

When I go back to Canada, I will update Windows XP to SP2, because Traditional Chinese version of SP2 has been out.

Urk. I wonder why SP2 Japanese isn't listed on the page, if it's already done? I see Japanese Technet documents and pages, but no download links to the Network Install file.

Once I find my localized copy of XP Pro and order a CD to be sent to the States, I'll be in for a load of fun. :|