eagle00789

Do you want it to be easy to create RunOnceEx.cmd  

2,055 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it to be easy to create RunOnceEx.cmd

• Yes
    • No
    • What whould be the function?
    • Maybe

Hey!! Great program, and just when I needed most. I've just downloaded it. I have the same problem as reported before (http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=169409)

Shouldn't your site or this forum contain a list of the current items in the database? And in the forum we can start colecting those that have been confirmed to work. Right now I don't know what's included in the DB, so I can't continue :/

By the way, the error was on a Windows Server 2003 with all patches from windows update applied.

I'm finishing some nice RIS server installation and would like to have the RunOnceEx.cmd handle a Acrobat PDF 6.01 and the 6.02 patch as well as Adobe Reader SpeedUp 1.28 (fantastic utility - http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/ - it removes unneded acrobat plugins from loading each time but loads them if ever needed)

I was also after the 3 Windows Updates left in Windows Update after installing a slipstreamed version of XPSP2, that is: Windows Journal Viewer, .Net Framework 1.1 and Update for XP HighMat Support in CD Writing Wizard.

The three can be downloaded from MS site as standalone. And the 6.02 update can be "captured" while installing it.

Any luck with those already in the DB?

The website now states wich programs are already in the database, but i'm in the process of fishing out the problem you get.

My best guess is to change the program in such a way, that it still contains a database, but not in a database-like fashion (thus meaning that i'm getting rid of the .mdb file, but replacing it with another kind of file)

Just a quick message eagle00789,

I think it's a great idea that you created this utility, so well done for the progress you've made so far! (I wish I was more programmer than technical support, then I might of been able to help in some way)

Anyway back to the subject... I received the following error when choosing the option to add from the database (A screenshot of the error is included).

Best of luck with your project. :thumbup

Yeap same error here.

That is:

screenshot1.png

Just a quick suggestion -- I'm not sure how practical it is or the limitation(s) of not using an access database file, but you may be able to contain the database in an alternative format for example a flat-file like a .CSV file (Comma Seperated Values) .XML or a .TXT file perhaps?

Obviously, it's just a suggestion and an idea that came off the top of my head, but it may help get around the problem or spark an alternative solution. ;)

Just a quick suggestion -- I'm not sure how practical it is or the limitation(s) of not using an access database file, but you may be able to contain the database in an alternative format for example a flat-file like a .CSV file (Comma Seperated Values) .XML or a .TXT file perhaps?

Obviously, it's just a suggestion and an idea that came off the top of my head, but it may help get around the problem or spark an alternative solution. ;)

i will post a .csv-file on my website that contains all the known programs and is only downloadable there (Check the downloads-section. if it's not there yet, then it will be in about 5 minutes from the time of posting this post).

I updated the program so that it hopefully resolves the error some people mentioned, if nit. please post. this version also includes the saving (and of course loading) of window-size and position