eagle00789

Do you want it to be easy to create RunOnceEx.cmd  

2,055 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it to be easy to create RunOnceEx.cmd

• Yes
    • No
    • What whould be the function?
    • Maybe

`Felix`: Great suggestions. it will be done in the next version. This will be the version wich also supports loading of XPLode files, and also a plugin-structure to support more formats in the future, for both saving and loading

Excellent! Just some helpful feedback the licence txt and and help file state incorrect version numbers. U may like to update that or create a global variable that updates the version number in all the right places.

Great tool!

Just some helpful feedback the licence txt and and help file state incorrect version numbers.  U may like to update that or create a global variable that updates the version number in all the right places.

Great tool!

The global var for versionnumber is already done in the next version

@eagle00789

Something else springs to mind that i beleive would be very valiable - some arrow buttons so that you can highlight a task and move it to where ever you like in the list - to change the order. The other option would be to be given an option for task number then it would put it in the correct place. And finally if you select (highlight) a task when you add a new task it should add the new task after the selected task.

Hope this helps - i beleive it would be good to have and i certainly have a need for it. Normally i have to go and change the order of some tasks manually defeating the purpose of using a tool.

@eagle00789

Something else springs to mind that i beleive would be very valiable - some arrow buttons so that you can highlight a task and move it to where ever you like in the list - to change the order.  The other option would be to be given an option for task number then it would put it in the correct place.  And finally if you select (highlight) a task when you add a new task it should add the new task after the selected task.

Hope this helps - i beleive it would be good to have and i certainly have a need for it.  Normally i have to go and change the order of some tasks manually defeating the purpose of using a tool.

`Felix`: Another great set of suggestions. i will look into it, and let everyone know if i'm going to integrate it. (i'm sure that i will do it)

Furthermore, i've picked up the work on RunOnceEx.cmd Creator and am going to do the following for the next version:

• Add Felix's suggestions from both posts
  • Add the programs suggested by some users to the database
  • Finish the plugin-support for loading
  • Create a SDK so that you can add any extension for saving and loading
  • Temporarily delete the Update Function until i found a better solution for that
  • Change the installer, so that it will ask you if you want to overwrite it.
  • When %CDROM% is selected as location for the install-files, automaticly include some code in the .cmd file to search for the cd-rom

Hi.

New to the boards and found this very interesting.

Just have a small suggestion.

After using several different unattended install CDs, I find the same problem keeps cropping up.

My system has a 40GB IDE drive that I use as the main System drive, and a RAID 0 SATA array as my 'working drive'

Unfortunately, when using this type of installation routine, it breaks down after a time because windows detects and installs the RAID0 array as the D drive, thus bumping the CD-ROM out to the D Drive in the middle of the install routine, resulting in files not being found. Would it be possible to add the ability to force the CD-ROM to be, say the Z drive so as to prevent this from happening?

Fury

This post may be in the wrong thread, but I can't find lots of information about runonceex (not only copy pasting but information to LEARN) and I was wondering if there was a way to to more then 1 row... I explain

Installation of progs

-7zip

-adobe

-nero

-bla

-bla

-bla

-and

-so

-on

I got 20+ progs to install and the list is getting very long, would there be a way to radjust the visual a bit?

Installation of progs

-7zip -bla

-adobe -and

-nero -so

-bla -on

-bla

EDIT: imagine 2nd row is parallel to the 1st one, cause the post doesn't like having lots of spaces one after another

And if there is a way, well you got yourself a new suggestion for your next version ;)

This post may be in the wrong thread, but I can't find lots of information about runonceex (not only copy pasting but information to LEARN) and I was wondering if there was a way to to more then 1 row... I explain

<snip>

Installation of progs

-7zip          -bla

-adobe      -and

-nero        -so

-bla          -on

-bla

EDIT: imagine 2nd row is parallel to the 1st one, cause the post doesn't like having lots of spaces one after another

And if there is a way, well you got yourself a new suggestion for your next version ;)

Well. this is already possible, but i forgot how. this is indeed a great suggestion for the next version. but i have to search this forum on how to do it. (it was a thread in this forum-part, i believe)

Hi.

After using several different unattended install CDs, I find the same problem keeps cropping up.

My system has a 40GB IDE drive that I use as the main System drive, and a RAID 0 SATA array as my 'working drive'

Unfortunately, when using this type of installation routine, it breaks down after a time because windows detects and installs the RAID0 array as the D drive, thus bumping the CD-ROM out to the D Drive in the middle of the install routine, resulting in files not being found. Would it be possible to add the ability to force the CD-ROM to be, say the Z drive so as to prevent this from happening?

Fury

Unfortunately this is not possible with my small tool. you have to ask this in a new thread. I also don't know if it evenly is possible

I looked at the other thread, **** I'll wait for this weekend to try this cause 1- it looks so much more complicated 2-not even sure if it finally works fine

I wished there was a more easy way to do things not with 3-5 RunOnceEx#, which is the methods listed, but with only one RunOnceEx with some row tags, like HTML (imagine /VE and /WE would be from left to right the progs title in the left row, and W in the right row, X would be the most to the right, and Y and then Z if you need 5 rows)

That would be simple and easy. I'll continue searching for something like this before doing the other method, anyway it's more professionnal in my opinion to have only one windows, that when it's over, you know it's over, thant having 5 installation windows that reboots, then starts back, reboots, starts back, and you never know when it's done

For that window you mention, the width is fixed, except the height. also, you can't use any columns in that window. the only thing i would be able to suggest is XPlode. this can't do multiple columns, but scrolls all the programs in a seperate window

Hi.

Fury

Unfortunately this is not possible with my small tool. you have to ask this in a new thread. I also don't know if it evenly is possible

Got it sorted anyway by getting my SATA drivers installed in textmode. No more delay whilst windows finds the sata drivers

Fury