Do you want it to be easy to create RunOnceEx.cmd  

2,055 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it to be easy to create RunOnceEx.cmd

• Yes
    • No
    • What whould be the function?
    • Maybe

Nice work. :)

Might want to add /S some dont like /s. And maybe /Q.

Whoops. Two entries for everyone.

lol7.png

lol now three

lol8.png

Um getting the picture. ;)

Every time you do add from database it adds another entry for every single one untill you close the app and reopen and its back to one and all over again.

See:

lol9.png

Also the add from database window is not saving its window after you close the app. It forgets.

Also the first time it does not open on the center of the screen.

Same with add to database.

Also for update you should add a cancel button.

May you should make the add button that same as the Add on the edit menu. You know same names and entries. ;)

Can you make all the Program Paths have the same formatting.

Meaning this:

%cdrom%\Install\

%SystemDrive%\Install\

%SystemDrive%\Apps\

%SystemDrive%\

%cdrom%

Yea I'm picky. hehe

Also can you make it remember sizes of the sort by. You know the sizes of Description, Program File, And Parameters.

Also if you maximize the main window and then close it and reopen it. It just frogot the non maximized window size and postion. It just contintues to take up the screen as if maximized still.

Very anorying.

Thanks a ton,

Will

PS: Got any more bugs you need reproduced or just need help with let me know.

No problem. i'm just glad that it is working for you now (though it is on another machine)

Thats ok - the other system is in a state of decay and will be replaced soon :) so i am pleased it runs on my other brand new machine :thumbup

Nice work. :)

Might want to add /S some dont like /s. And maybe /Q.

Whoops. Two entries for everyone.

lol7.png

lol now three

lol8.png

Um getting the picture. ;)

Every time you do add from database it adds another entry for every single one untill you close the app and reopen and its back to one and all over again.

See:

lol9.png

Also the add from database window is not saving its window after you close the app. It forgets.

Also the first time it does not open on the center of the screen.

Same with add to database.

Also for update you should add a cancel button.

May you should make the add button that same as the Add on the edit menu. You know same names and entries. ;)

Can you make all the Program Paths have the same formatting.

Meaning this:

%cdrom%\Install\

%SystemDrive%\Install\

%SystemDrive%\Apps\

%SystemDrive%\

%cdrom%

Yea I'm picky. hehe

Also can you make it remember sizes of the sort by. You know the sizes of Description, Program File, And Parameters.

Also if you maximize the main window and then close it and reopen it. It just frogot the non maximized window size and postion. It just contintues to take up the screen as if maximized still.

Very anorying.

Thanks a ton,

Will

PS: You can call me the bug man. hehe Got any more bugs you need reproduced or just need help with let me know.

The most of those problems will be solved in the next version. just hang on for it. i will post a new message to this thread as soon as it's released. I'm going to change the update feature also, so that you can update the program itself via the update feature

@ eagle00789

hey, same problems as BUGMAN, but also won't let me

add to database, says something like"tlb can't write to

read only file".

also could you make it so we can make changes to program

path permanent.

thanks

bonedaddy

I just found out, that is it part of the Reg Add command, and means: "The existing registry-entry will be overwritten without notice". To see this for your self, go to start, run and type "cmd" (without the qoutes)

the press enter. at the commandline type "reg add /?" (without the qoutes). then look it up for yourself to verify

There is a large update to the program.

It now has an external update-program to let it allow program updates.

Also, the small bugs and suggestions from the above posts have been put in.

The download as usual can be found in my signature below.

Version 2.1.1.1 released. This version containes some bugfixes in the update-program and a few bugfixes with importing exisiting runonceex.cmd files where there was a leading 0 in some lines (Thanks for reporting this bonedaddy). do NOT use the update feature untill you are updated to this version. if you do, there is a big change that the database will be corrupted

eagle,

Just started playing with this prog, very cool.

I have a few questions: Is it possible to add other Program Paths to the drop down menu?

Also, when I use Edit/Add to Database I get an error message tblPrograms:Cannot modigy a read only dataset. Is there a way for the user to add additional program info to this program.

Lastly, is there a way to add registry commands for the app being installed to the RunOnceEx though this Program

Great Prog. Thanks

Eagle,

Just installed 2111. When I use the Database Update feature it sticks on the update sceen where it says Determinig the Update Possibilities. It notes my version but not the online version and the cancel button is not accessible.

when running 2111, there is no update available jet. As for the "Is it possible to add other Program Paths to the drop down menu?", you mean, add your own paths??

"Also, when I use Edit/Add to Database I get an error message tblPrograms:Cannot modigy a read only dataset. Is there a way for the user to add additional program info to this program." this should be solved in 2111.

"Lastly, is there a way to add registry commands for the app being installed to the RunOnceEx though this Program" Waht do you mean with that??

@eagle00789

Hi getting better and better, but still can't add to data base, same error.

also when I have "sleep 30" at the beginning of RunOnce and load and

edit it is saved as "sleep 3", big diff from 30sec to 3sec. I am amazed

by you program authors, you put in a great deal of work and time. Just

a thanks again. I think new users to unattended will greatly benefit from

works like Easy RunOnce, nLite and the winamp installs.

bonedaddy

oh yes I lose the last line of winamp as well.

Eagle,

"Is it possible to add other Program Paths to the drop down menu?", you mean, add your own paths??

(Yes!)

when I use Edit/Add to Database I get an error message tblPrograms:Cannot modigy a read only dataset. Is there a way for the user to add additional program info to this program." this should be solved in 2111.

(I am still getting this error with 2111.)

is there a way to add registry commands for the app being installed to the RunOnceEx though this Program" Waht do you mean with that??

(What I was taking about is the command in line 3 below. Will the program enter the REGEDIT/S parameter or is that line for the reg tweak something we will have to add to the RunOnceEx bat file after your programs makes the application program entrys only.)

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Alcohol 120" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\alcohol\setup.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\alcohol\register.reg" /f

Thanks for all your hard work. This is an excellent app. :thumbup