SP2 install needed hacked files list

nolookingca

NOTE: According to M$, you're only supposed to user the pached version if you're experiencing problems.

@scankurban: that's what the reg file is for. (the hive part)

BTW, one "report" states that you should change SFCDisable in the second reg patch to SFCSetting

Ok Guys, heres the deal, i'm looking for everything and , with all the posts just getting bigger, who ever reads this, i hope they can understand where i am comming from.. everyday files are uploaded and its this version and that version, so most are not really sure what they usually download. to cause less confusion.. can someone from here, at least , post a zip, of all the files for build 2180 RTm Sp2 that work... if possible or if everything is even figured out... not sure what i am downloading with all the post i have read...

but i am looking for...

sfc_os.dl_ 2180 ( hex edited for wfp to be disabled, and the crc fixed for cd ...and with the reg file for disabling windows file protection) can't get mine to work..and I downloaded it from here...) so not sure...

sfcfiles.dl_ 2180 ( this files has something to do with being edited for taking annoying folders out that are copied be defualt r something.. not sure what, if you know, please help! and please post the correct one that works in conjuction with the hacked sfc_os.dl_ correctly..(i'm sure someone knows what I am talking about) :unsure:

tcpip.sy_ 2180, (if solved) (also, hex edited for unlimited connections and the loop problem fixed. as well as crc header fixed for placing on cd...)

termsrv.dl_ 2180 (if solved) (edited to allow concurrent users, with of course the correct reg file that works in conjucntion with it...and hex edited, and crc fixed for cd placement as well...

uxtheme_dl_ 2180 ( for using themes, need the correct one for 2180, with header fixed, and hex edited and all that good stuff... )

Hivesft.inf 2180, (i'm sure this is simple since its already posted on the main site for the unattended, but have heard so many different ways to apply the setting , so not sure,, someone needs to clear this up and make sure we have it right... just thought i would toss that at ya.. so don't get Po'ed...

if we can get a definate package together, i think it would help everyone without haveing to serch and scan through millions of posts and pages... after all arent we also into makeing things easier on the message boards as well as unattended installs? :(

not being bossy, just looking for the right stuff... id appreciate any help possible.. to make things easier for the people here who are looking for the same thing... :)

hope we can get somwhere... thanks all and keep up all the good work... :thumbup

May the Force be with you!

B

Hi Everyone

First post and like many up sh$t greek without a paddle with sp2, the major problem I am having is sp2 has fairly chocked my filesharing apz(tcp/ip). I have read throught all 13pgs of posts and would also find it very helpful if there was a one stop for all the files. Just wondering is it still the case that MS patch for tcp/ip(884020) just not change the max 10 connections and if so whats its point on the MS site?.When I do apply the tcp/ip patch is there a way of checking for sure if it has changed anything. Also is this patch meant for sp2 installed on H/D or just for an xp cd. IT tell me my version of sp2 is 2158 if that makes a difference

Thanks

NOTE: According to M$, you're only supposed to user the pached version if you're experiencing problems.

@scankurban: that's what the reg file is for. (the hive part)

BTW, one "report" states that you should change SFCDisable in the second reg patch to SFCSetting

Why do we need.If you want create like a original cd.You need this.And I'm using many registry tweaks without unattended setup.This way so easy for me.

cybri2k:

If you downloaded sfc_os a bit earlier, I apologize because I forgot to mention the reg patch.

there are posts that state you need to use SFCSetting for SP2 (everything else same)

uxtheme, termsrv, and tcpip, I have in the pack.

I have a copy of the hacked and patched tcpip. Will post later.

• 2 weeks later...

hey dude check it out

i have a version of home edition without the sp1 sp1a, or sp2.. i'm watning to slipstream it with sp2..

will those modified files for pro, work just as good with home edition? reg entry's for the modifieds.. ?

and another thing.. does it change the home edition if you slip stream the sp2 into it? does it turn it over to pro corp? do i use a sp2 key just as i do for the sp2 pro?

get back with me asap. id appreciate it.. B

• 2 weeks later...

At this point I would have to think that MS did a pretty good job of nuking the code for concurrent sessions from termsrv or someone would have hacked the most recent version by now.

And on the same topic. I cannot seem to get this hack to work. I'm starting to feel like a real chucklehead on this one. I've tried every which way but Tuesday to do it too. Used the reg entry, tried modifying the hive file so its integrated in the registry during setup. Nothing.

Now I remember reading in other threads that FastUserSwitching service needed to be running and that the hack won't work in a domain environment. Have these claims been substantiated? This hack would completely change my life in the some of the enterprises I deal with.

Does anyone know of another download link for the files? The link in the first post doesn't work.

Also anyone that has the zip could just email it to me at james.mcphee@gmail.com if they don't mind.

Thanks in advance,

Palmtree

EDIT: never mind, after 2 days of trying the same link it finally worked :)