SP2 install needed hacked files list

nolookingca

It is some offtopic (sorry :blushing: ), but it is an interesting recommendation:

If you are using nLite, DONT replace the original sfc_os.dll and apply the tweak for "Windows File Protection" in nLite. JUST appy the patch over the original one. Why?

If you replace the file for the hacked one and apply the tweak in nLite you will see "Windows File Protection" boxes very often.

thanks, bye :hello:

i am getting a "Setup cannot copy the file termsrv.dll" when using the hacked file? do i need to apply the reg patch before installing sp2? i thought that was after you had installed... or why am i getting this error? this is not a slipstreamed windows cd... i just extracted the sp2 setup and copied the hacked files to i386 then ran update.exe under the update folder? is there something else i'm missing?

also... i just installed it with the regular termsrv cause of the problem above... but now when i try and use a theme even windows xp it gives me a "rundll" error... what's the freaking deal... this is becoming extremely annoying...

@benjammin: If you're doing that, it's best that you apply the file after you install SP2. Instructions are repeated quite frequently in this topic.

Thanks for that XPero. I always had that feeling that I forgot something. :D

@benjammin again: The theme thing probably has something to do with the uxtheme file.

@dkreifus: You have to download the file pack at the bottom of the first post. Remember the reg stuff for termsrv (reg patch attached to first post) and sfc_os (which I forgot to include, instructions available at top of first post)

Sorry for the comfusion, but I am working on a good readme and better formatted post.

Still no Build 2180 for termsrv.dll???

Obviously the build in this topic works, which is build 2055, but still...

This is because this was the last build that let users have multiple remote desktop connections. Later ones had it taken out. When someone posts how to hack the file, you can be sure it will be up here.

HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core","EnableConcurrentSessions",65537,00000001

put this into hivesys.inf file,any line

tcpip.sys connection limit is 16777214 (xp-antispy saying this)

Warning WindowsXP-KB884020-x86 patch is restoring original tcpip.sys file

termserv.dll has just 2 simultane connections

Here is the new hacked version of TCPIP.SYS with unlimited connections.

Here's how I have done it:

- I Installed patch WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu.exe after service Pack 2

- I ran Patcher Version 2.12 from http://www.lvllord.de. I set it to unlimited connections

- used MODIFYPE to correct the crc/header

- Used makecab with highest compression

So this file can be copied directly to the i386-folder on your cd.

TCPIP.SYS.....v5.1.2600.2505

I had to upload it in 2 parts, because this forum does not allow me to upload more than 150 kbyte

* fully tested * working

TCPIP.part1.rar