SP2 install needed hacked files list

nolookingca

As for termsrv.dll, will the concurrent sessions work even if you use an RC1/RC2 build-based file, or does it work *ONLY* with build 2055?

I think 2055 or lower

As for the other issue, some people have used it without problem or use this more limited, but probably good as it has a manual version: http://www.lvllord.de/index2.htm

Since with the manual version lots of people can critisize....

How can you be certain that the above is a "clean" file - I mean, that it is not maliciously embedded with anything by the person who made it?

Because I hex edited that myself and tested it. I've even posted that I used this method to patch the tcpip.sys file. If you don't trust me, do it yourself using that method but don't just accuse people of things you don't know about :)

Sorry if I came across as too suspicious.

I was just asking questions that anyone would like to know before using something on their production systems.

In any case, what you have carried out seems to be done perfectly fine. Thanks for pointing me to the site which contains instructions to do the same manually myself.

Sorry if I came across as too suspicious.

I was just asking questions that anyone would like to know before using something on their production systems.

In any case, what you have carried out seems to be done perfectly fine. Thanks for pointing me to the site which contains instructions to do the same manually myself.

I'm also sorry for being too agressive and accusing you. I should have been more friendly :)

IM not required to disable wfp as well, am I?

No, no need to disable WFP if you have replaced the TCPIP.SYS at source (I386) - since WFP can't restore an original MS version of it even if it wants to.

...when...more people get SP2, there will be many requests for these files

Any help hacking tcpip.sys for v 5.1.2600.2179?

thaNX

Sure. Just send me the file and I'll try to edit so it's unlimited. :)

Note: Towards the end, the unlimited version of the file is available (same as the one here though, I think).

Yep, the one posted here is exactly the same as the one there.