SP2 RTM (2180) software incompatibilities

WoRdUp48

Hey, I'd just like to start this topic and to see what kinda 'kinks' people have run into when installing the final version of SP2. Also, if you have any alternatives to use before a workaround is found, please post that information here too...

I am installing SP2 as we speak, so I will report any problems that I run into...

Thanks everyone, please contribute if you can!

-WoRdUp48

The same incompatibilities as were known to exist from RC2 :) - some get fixed, the others will not, coz the responsibility is on the makers of the app to fix badly coded apps which end up being incompatible with SP2.

Well, I just finished installing SP2 final, and so far the small amount of programs have installed fine. However, I have not tried Nero yet, so I don't actually know if it burns CDs ok, I assume it would though. I have installed the following:

AIM 5.5.3595

MS Office 2003 SP1 slipstreamed

Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3

Nero 6.3.1.17

Quicktime 6.5.1

Spybot - Search and Destroy 1.3

Symantec Antivirus Corporate 9.0

Winamp 5.04 full

WinRAR 3.30 Corporate

If anybody has any more information on software in SP2 RTM, please post specifics here!

Thanks!!

-WoRdUp48

I've got a system that works like this:

Install Nero 6.0

Install Nero 6.3 Update

Question is: will this work properly?

I don't know for sure if that will work, but I do not beleive so. You can try to just install the update. I think Nero's "updates" can actually be installed by themselves. Let us know how you go! :)

-WoRdUp48

Why wouldn't it? Saying that won't work is the same as saying installing Windows Xp then installing Windows Xp Sp1 then Windows Xp Sp2 won't work. Update will update the already installed program. You should be fine.

I've got a system that works like this:

Install Nero 6.0

Install Nero 6.3 Update

The sequence you mention may or may not work. A far better option would be to go here, download the full pack and do the rest of your standard process: latest nero

That would save time and space on your CD as well!

I don't know if this helps, but I always install Nero from the latest update without installing v6 and then applying the update seperately, and it works fine for me.

I haven't tried it on SP2 RTM, since I don't have a copy as of yet :rolleyes: but I don't experience any problems on the copy of SP2 RC2 im currently running :)

while we are on the topic of nero you can make the unattened install of nero even more silent by opening it with winRAR and changing the comments from:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup.exe /SFX

TempMode

Silent=2

Overwrite=1

Title=Nero 6.0- 6.3.1.17 Ahead Software AG

to:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup.exe /SFX

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1