SP2 Disk Size , After Slipstreaming without mods

Hi pplz,

Well i know some of you have already downloaded the RTM version of SP2 - i would like to know what the size on disk is with SP slipstreamed into Windows XP Pro without and futher cleanup etc.

Cheers,

Felix

It's variable, dependent on source disk and target compilation - media center/sp1 integrated etc

unpack the sp2 file and check signature first before slipstreaming to verify cert.

A lot of non hql signed copies are already floating (impatient little people, you know how that goes)

mines is 587 MB (616,350,978 bytes) WinXP VL but i was wondering what you guys use nowadays to make the cd smaller, i remember there used to be a bunch of bat files you have to run and stuff to reduce the size, has the method improved since i last came?

Probably in the next few weeks I'll get time to discuss it with Green, but until then. Reductions are at your own risk, a lot more of the install is interlocking now and some structures have been changed to improve stability internally and security from external alterations.

The disable switches in the txt files are still the only supported method for altering it. Though I'm sure someone is already working on a "clever" way to manipulate that too.

Spheris! How ya doing? I guess they finally let you guys outta that room, and up for air! Allow me to present my meager compliments on what looks to be a job well done, and say that I much prefered to wait than have a rushed version.

Anyway, I guess this will have the strippers busy for a while, though my work always seems to make the CDs bigger (and better!) than the other kids on the block. Though I can wait to see the bug reports where the users forget to mention those "removed" files. I think I have enough spies in XPCREATE by now to make sure there is nothing funky to start with, but I still can be "outsmarted"!

Now go get some sleep: you deserve it!