XPCREATED CD Does Not Work

richsmif

hi chaps,

i installed the latest version of xpcreate, edited the xpcreate.ini only to point the cdsource to d: everything else as default.

it downloaded all the fixes (which i thought was a great idea as i used to use jono's script before)

i extracted the boot image file from the original cd and renamed to xpctboot.bin and placed in the boot folder

after 40 minutes i had a ready to use iso.

i burned out the xpcreate.iso image it made

so far pretty standard, yeah?

go to install from the CD and i get a setup error saying windows can't continue and bombs out. does anyone else had any issues with the latest xpcreate build?

richard

GET JUICE BOOSTED - FASTEST WAY TO SPEED UP YOUR BROADBAND

http://www.juiceboosted.com/index.php?Requ...&Id=luq9vri

There should really be no need to edit XPCERATE.INI for the first run. Please se THIS post, make a standard, failsafe ISO, and see if that works. You could move the downloaded files to the correct directories, but do start with a virgin XPCREATE.INI file.

I have not seen this issue before (that I remember ... ). It could be something as simple as a single corrupted source file. If a new, failsafe attempt produces the same error, attach the LOGFILES.CAB file to your post, and I will see if there are any clues there.

Good luck, keep us posted, and ... Welcome to MSFN!