UXTHEME.DLL hack for XP SP2 Final

NOTE: To clear this up for everyone... If you don't want to hack the file yourself, download the attached file and REPLACE the file on your CD. That's all you have to do to be able to use ANY theme.

Here is my UXTHEME.DLL hack for Themes...

At offset (0001BB8C) change:

81 EC 88 00 00 00 A1 18

to:

33 F6 8B C6 C9 C2 08 00

Another fine hack done. So simple these are. I've also attached the hacked UXTHEME.DLL for use on the Windows XP CD.

Edit: Re-attached UXTHEME.DL_ file with better compression (thanks RyanVM).

UXTHEME.DL_

Here is my UXTHEME.DLL hack for Themes...

At offset (0001BB8C) change:

81 EC 88 00 00 00 A1 18

to:

33 F6 8B C6 C9 C2 08 00

Another fine hack done. So simple these are. I've also attached the hacked UXTHEME.DLL for use on the Windows XP CD.

I am just curious, where can i read about hacking these files? I dont understand "at (xxxx) offset change blah to blah" I dont mean to ask stupid questions but i'm not really sure where to even begin, much like another topic i have yet to figure out, regaurding setting the registry to point to a new dll (msgina.dll for example) so that when that file is updated via windows update, your hack (the ctrl-alt-del edited window) is still working.

So where can i read up on "offsets" and the like?

just a simple question?!!? :)

i have patched my uxtheme.dll sp1 with the file ModifyPE 0.81 downloaded from the unattended....

how ever i think that the file remains equal... (i said this because i can't made my theme work... :rolleyes: )

soo with resource hacker or resource tuner can i see if the file is patched?!?

if it's possible, at what that i must look????

thks

@cybertron: I found these edits by using debuggers, process watchers, hex editors etc. They take some time to find but if you know what you're looking for it's easy. I'd suggest searching for some cracking sites (eg. sites on creating No-CD patches are a great start).

@Aaron: I don't see why not. I haven't time/need to check it so I don't know. It should still work though.

@rootfixxxer: Where did you get the file from? Have you performed the hex edits? Use a hex editor (not Resource Hacker) to check the above offsets and see what they say.

can one of you do the necessary hash stuff and compressing so i can just download it, do i just overwrite to the file in the i386 dir of my sp2 integrated cd ?

please can someone help, i really wanna burn my integrated sp2 corp cd, but would like the patched uxtheme.dll file.