PROB | ATI DVD-Decoder

Raiden

• 4 weeks later...

i have the same problem with a ATI tv wonder pro!!! before was working fine without ati decoder with my onboard vga, well now with my new fx 5500 PCI the tv its flickering on the top of the screen, so i can see just the bottom normal.I've tried many software and the same problem.Well few days ago i tried christv and its working just with deinterlaced disable.I want to use ati software and i dont know how to resolve this problem.I download the ati decoder from here and its still now working :angry: maybe someone know how to fix this problem, thanks!!!

Hi,

Today is your lucky day cos all the big guys have abandoned this topic and it's just me trying to hold on...

Your lucky day bcos just last night I figured out what is to be done, I've tried trying to disassemble and all sort's of things like trying to register the filters with regserver and like but was not satisfied with that, so here is the official way how it should have been done long ago...

So to the main part..

Get the file [url="http://www2.ati.com/drivers/setup.exe"]here[/url]

Then form the setup file you have do a admin install using [code]setup.exe /A[/code] as the parameters

This will give you the following files
1. ATIDec.msi
2 Common folder

Now note that the Common folder contains all the filters and that the executable to this is the ATIDec.msi but if you click on it it will give you an error message that it cannot be run from the msi directly(bul*****). So I happened to check out this [url="http://www.appdeploy.com/"]site[/url] and while going through the Quicktime deployment issues found out the solution.

So now to overide all the msi and other restriction you can run the msi directly without modifying or anything by this command [code]msiexec /i ATIDec.msi ISSETUPDRIVEN=1 /QB[/code]

The command ISSETUPDRIVEN=1 overides the cannot be run from the msi directly condition without even having to touch the ATIDec.msi with ORCA(A Msi editing tool). For those installing on fresh XP SP 2 machines it will give you an error that it needs some ISS scripting engine is not installed no to worry try to run the setup.exe directly it will give you an error message saying that it needs to be run from the ATi CD-wiz, do not click on ok, first go to your temp(C:\Documents and Settings\Your Namet\Local Settings\Temp) directory and from there look around for a file named ISScript9.Msi

Then in order to not get that error message and be able to install write a cmd file ATIDVD.cmd with the following code in it

[code]msiexec /i ISScript9.Msi /qb
msiexec /i ATIDec.msi ISSETUPDRIVEN=1 /QB[/code]

Please note you need to put the actual file locations in place of the file names, I have tried this and I know it works...

Hope this help...

This is my longest and maybe last for this topic as it is resolved now Edited by tommy_vercetti

I only recently came across this prospective solution recently, so bear with me. I have tried the suggestion made by polymorphean on aug 27, 2004, tried the suggestion made by OCedHrt on dec 1, 2005 and finally the suggestion made by edadat on dec 7, 2005 - all without success.

the common failed moment is the following error message:

This installation needs to be launched from the ATI DVD Web Wizard
Setup will now exit.

Any further suggestions or comments as to what I might be doing incorrectly.

thx

Im sorry my dear friend, but did you take the trouble of reading my post, please go through it

Get the file here(http://www2.ati.com/drivers/setup.exe)

Then form the setup file you have do a admin install using
CODE
setup.exe /A
as the parameters

This will give you the following files
1. ATIDec.msi
2 Common folder

Now note that the Common folder contains all the filters and that the executable to this is the ATIDec.msi but if you click on it it will give you an error message that it cannot be run from the msi directly(bul*****). So I happened to check out this site and while going through the Quicktime deployment issues found out the solution.

So now to overide all the msi and other restriction you can run the msi directly without modifying or anything by this command
CODE
msiexec /i ATIDec.msi ISSETUPDRIVEN=1 /QB

The command ISSETUPDRIVEN=1 overides the cannot be run from the msi directly condition without even having to touch the ATIDec.msi with ORCA(A Msi editing tool). For those installing on fresh XP SP 2 machines it will give you an error that it needs some ISS scripting engine is not installed no to worry try to run the setup.exe directly it will give you an error message saying that it needs to be run from the ATi CD-wiz, do not click on ok, first go to your temp(C:\Documents and Settings\Your Namet\Local Settings\Temp) directory and from there look around for a file named ISScript9.Msi

Then in order to not get that error message and be able to install write a cmd file ATIDVD.cmd with the following code in it

CODE
msiexec /i ISScript9.Msi /qb
msiexec /i ATIDec.msi ISSETUPDRIVEN=1 /QB

Please note you need to put the actual file locations in place of the file names, I have tried this and I know it works...

Hope this help...

This is the method it should have been done, please don't tell me about all the other person's method, try out my way if it does not then complain, otherwise leave, peace Edited by tommy_vercetti

Tommy, my apologies for not reading the entire email chain thoroughly. I simply lost patience with the approaches and attempts that I had made. Your solution not only worked, it worked first time, and was by far and away the simplest approach. My thanks to you for your ingenuity and clearly your patience with me. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can't wait to get home and try this.

I have to ask: anyone noticed a difference in the decoder/installer for different versions of the ati cards?

For example: I've got an 9800pro and X800pro and both CD's labelled to avoid confusion, but when I install the decoder *ONLY* the 9800 disk will
work for either card.

Odd, but frustrating.

But if t_v's meathod is as sound as it sounds, all will be bliss.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...