PROB | ATI DVD-Decoder

Raiden

Hi all, I'm trying to get the DVD-Decoder to install during my RunOnceEx portion of setup. However the stupid file first has to verify the ATI driver CD, then download the decoder from the internet. Is there a way to install it without any of that.

:) I hate the way ATI packages there drivers.

Edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky

I was thinking about getting an nvidia card for doom 3 since ATI's drivers just enfuriate me, do there drivers have the same hassles or will they slipstream easier. They have hardware dvd decoders as well don't they

Just an update. To install the DVD-Decoder you have to download and run atiCDwiz-v3-0.exe. That program downloads setup.exe which is the actuall decoder. setup.exe has to be invoked from the install button in atiCDwiz-xxx.exe if you doubleclick setup.exe it gives you an error saying it has to be run from the atiCDwiz-xxx.exe. If you don't close the error but instead browse to your temp directory there are 2 directories that setup.exe hasn't deleted yet. One of them has the *.msi's shown in my screenshot.

Now finally comes my question. These two msi's exit saying they have to be run from the parent exe. Does anybody know how to get msi's to disregard that problem and just install anyway.

Thanks in advance

post-88-1092104587_thumb.jpg

good news, i repackage ati dvd decoder with install rite and it work for me and no need for cd checking or anything... It'll install silently and the only way to tell if it's installed, go to control panel and look at listing under add/remove programs and you'll see "ATI DVD Decoder"

Download

ATI DVD Decoder Ver 3.0.1 / 2.8mb / Updated 8-16-04

no switch are need and let me know if it worked or not.

EDIT: Uploaded newer one, and got rid of bunches of useless registry, mostly are unrelated to ati.

Diabolical82 :thumbup You Rule :thumbup

This has been one of the biggest problems with my unattended setup. The fact that you repackaged it as a totally silent app is great.

I think I'll format again :D and see whats left to fix

cheers

I love you man!)

I've been using the DVD Decoder 1.1 from the original ATI CD, it installs silently without switches and can be uninstalled via the cpl.

In the immortal words of Mr. Popeil, "Just set it and forget it."

thanks,i have uninstall it using windows installer cheanup utility.now i mean when i install both ati dvd player 7.6 and powerdvd 5.0,i want to know which dvd decoder plug in windows media player 9 or realone 2.(i'm using windows xp professional sp1)

Most of third party DVD player come with it's own decoder (software rendering), ATI Decoder is not required unless you want to take advantage of Hardware Acceleration. ATI's DVD PLayer might require ATI Decoder. For Windows Media Player, I think you'll need to download plug-ins since Microsoft doesnt want to pay for Royalty fee on Licensing, or you can buy fullversion DVD player such as PowerDVD or WinDVD. For more information regarding with WMP can be found Here

Personally I prefered to use ATI DVD Player or WinDVD over WMP. Usually PowerDVD and WinDVD come with plug-in for WMP. Word of advice, pls stay away from Real Player, and their format really need to die.