Still having a few difficulties...

I'm still having a few difficulties with my unattended installation of Windows XP + SP1.

For one thing, Office 2000 won't install. I install it using an MST transform file, as I only want to install Word and Excel and with very limited extras. I used Office Shrink from a thread here on it, so I suppose that could have caused some problem... but I've looked through the log files and I really don't see any errors. I'm attaching the logs in case they'll help anyone diagnose my problem. :)

Also, all of the folders that I XCOPY'd from my install directory to other places appear empty on the Desktop for some reason, as well as the folders inside my %systemdrive%/Install directory. They're easy enough to just add to my batch of file deletions, but I'm curious as to why they're showing up there.

Office_2000_Premium_Setup_0002_.txt

No one replied but I managed to figure out my errors.. hopefully someone else can learn from them. :)

I somehow ignore the part about Office Shrink needing to be used on a clean install.. so I did a clean one in VMWare, used Office Shrink on the Office setup files, and moved them to my real computer with the shared folders option.

I encountered a second problem with Office, where RunOnceEx was not waiting for Office to install before going on with the other programs, which was fixed by making a batch file just for Office and opening it from RunOnceEx instead of the installer.

The XCOPY problem was in my switches.. I had chosen to copy directory structures where I shouldn't have. Cleaned up my switches and now I've got none of those extra folders floating around.