Latest NVIDIA drivers 60.77 a no go ? :-(

midiboy

I think SP2 final also comes with 56.73
That's right. :)

All you need to do is get the latest *SIGNED* WHQL-approved drivers (62.76, the last time I saw) into your drivers on CD (use OemPnpDriversPath method). Mine works fine that way. Since there's a slight change in the structure of the final SP2's INFs, nLite may not remove the integrated nVidia drivers - doesn't matter, since they are only 500 KB or so, and you can put in your own (updated) drivers.

@prathapml: lol. It only happened once... After I put "SkipMissingFiles=Yes" BACK in the WINNT.SIF file it stopped... That's the only thing that changed. :S

first off

SkipMissingFiles=Yes

where in winnt.sif does this go..iw as lookignf or somethign liek that...lol

secondly www.omegadrivers.net has performance enhanced ati/nvidia drivers worth looking at that may actually be easier to get to install...i really don't knwo anythign about nvidia drivers as i own a 9800 pro...lol

first off

SkipMissingFiles=Yes

where in winnt.sif does this go..iw as lookign for something like that...lol

secondly www.omegadrivers.net has performance enhanced ati/nvidia drivers worth looking at that may actually be easier to get to install...i really don't knwo anythign about nvidia drivers as i own a 9800 pro...lol

That value goes into winnt.sif in this section:

[setupParams]   skipmissingfiles=yes

Personally, I don't trust those driver-modded-for-high-performance sites. Although they may be good, I won't be convinced of something I regard as circumspect. Just FYI, many of you people have been having problems installing the ATi Control Panel - one of these sites (don't ask me, I don't remember which it was :))offers a pre-hacked driver download which installs the CPL alongwith the driver (using the INF) - might be good for ATi unattenders.