HELP! Need to recover unsaved documents :(

roger04

Even trying to recover deleted files that have been saved is not always possible. To my knowledge, it is not possible to recover files that were not saved.

However, there is a teeny-tiny chance that the program your sister was using created 'temp' files of the documents she was working on. These are often left on the hard drive even after you delete the original document.

Try looking around for .TMP in your Windows\Temp directory or your Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temp directory (or possibly in the directory where she normaly saves her files). Or just search your hard drive for *.tmp files (but you may find more than you can imagine).

You can try opening them using notepad or any other text editor.

Even trying to recover deleted files that have been saved is not always possible. To my knowledge, it is not possible to recover files that were not saved.

However, there is a teeny-tiny chance that the program your sister was using created 'temp' files of the documents she was working on. These are often left on the hard drive even after you delete the original document.

Try looking around for .TMP in your Windows\Temp directory or your Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temp directory (or possibly in the directory where she normaly saves her files). Or just search your hard drive for *.tmp files (but you may find more than you can imagine).

You can try opening them using notepad or any other text editor.

Hello there, I guess I`ve gotta tell you this guys. I saw one of my friends using a program which enables to make file backups! I have just recently installed that full version software on my pc and say, its worth to have it with you. You can check them personally on the following website

www.extendia.com/SecuritySuite.htm

My sister left the pc on with her documents unsaved, then a person jump unto the pc and restarted it. Now the documents which is alot unsaved is gone. Is there anyway to recover 'em?  :)

Thanks,

Roger

Oops I don’t think you can do so! But fortunately you can avoid such problems in the future by using any back up file makers or software’s, those back up files can be saved on your hard derive and they are modified with each time you save the original file, I have got one software who does it all for me, you check it personally on www.extendia.com/SecuritySuite.htm