How to set 2 Line Taskbar , Have had no success!

Hi ppls,

I have been attempting to set the taskbar to 2 lines using registry settings however everything i have tried has not worked. Does anyone know how to do this? I have tried monitoring the registry when setting this and had some partial success with unlocking the taskbar etc... but not setting 2 lines. :)

See image for example of what i am trying to acheive.

Any help would be appreciated.

post-70-1091783680_thumb.png

It's a hard one...

unlock_taskbar.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"TaskbarSizeMove"=dword:00000001

But for the 2 lines display I'm not sure it's possible unattended

Wait for other posts but don't expect too much with this.

:)

I made a little test with regmon and the registry key for that seem to be

"Position" at this registry path

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
"Position"=hex:2c,00,00,00,9c,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,64,03,00,00,e4,02,00,00,00,\

Make this test: set the taskbar to 2 lines display and export this registry key value and put it in your unattend registry tweak. If your lucky it will work.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2]
"Settings"=hex:28,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,06,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,3c,00,00,00,34,\
 00,00,00,fe,ff,ff,ff,fe,ff,ff,ff,02,04,00,00,32,00,00,00

It took forever to find this key when I was hunting for it. I'm glad I can help someone else out with it. :)

BTW, you might just want to export your version of this key--the two might be different. :rolleyes:

Actually, now that I think about it..the taskbarwinxp tweak should be the one to get a two row-ed taskbar. This one puts it at the top of the screen...Silly me. :D

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2]
"Settings"=hex:28,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,06,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,3c,00,00,00,34,\
 00,00,00,fe,ff,ff,ff,fe,ff,ff,ff,02,04,00,00,32,00,00,00

It took forever to find this key when I was hunting for it.  I'm glad I can help someone else out with it. :)

BTW, you might just want to export your version of this key--the two might be different. :rolleyes:

Actually, now that I think about it..the taskbarwinxp tweak should be the one to get a two row-ed taskbar.  This one puts it at the top of the screen...Silly me. :D

Hi there,

This regtweak does in fact put the taskbar at the top of the page, however after testing it only provides a single line - not 2 lines. I tried setting my taskbar to 2 lines and exporting the key and then applying it to the default use hive, but that doesen't produce 2 lines either.

Any other ideas would be very helpful :D

You might want to try setting it and then rebooting. Then export that Key. Settings like that usually get written to the registry when windows is logging off.

I'd try importing it to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] from cmdlines.txt, before first logon. That may or may not work.

I had a similar problem with Icon arrangements. I couldn't get that tweak to work at all. It didn't work importing from RunOnceEx. It didn't work importing from cmdlines.txt either. I think setup may overwrite some of the desktop settings during the Saving Settings phase which happens at T9 - T2. Can't be sure though.

I had to set up a RunOnce entry (not RunOnceEx) in HKLM which would import my settings during the second logon. Just would not work during first logon.

You might want to try setting it and then rebooting. Then export that Key. Settings like that usually get written to the registry when windows is logging off.

I'd try importing it to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] from cmdlines.txt, before first logon. That may or may not work.

I had a similar problem with Icon arrangements. I couldn't get that tweak to work at all. It didn't work importing from RunOnceEx. It didn't work importing from cmdlines.txt either. I think setup may overwrite some of the desktop settings during the Saving Settings phase which happens at T9 - T2. Can't be sure though.

I had to set up a RunOnce entry (not RunOnceEx) in HKLM which would import my settings during the second logon. Just would not work during first logon.

Bingo! that was it Jim! after i shutdown and logged in again exported the values and added them to the default user NTUSER.DAT file it worked a treat!

Here are the settings for anyone that is interested: (you will notice the key being a little different - HKEY_USERS\custom This is the setting i used to add it to the Hive in NTUSER.DAT - for more information about this see Customizing the Default User Profile

[HKEY_USERS\custom\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2]
"Settings"=hex:28,00,00,00,ff,ff,ff,ff,02,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,3c,00,00,00,37,\
 00,00,00,fe,ff,ff,ff,cb,02,00,00,02,04,00,00,02,03,00,00

Cheers all and thanks for your input! :)

Great! thanks for the feedback.

Great info on customizing the Defualt User Profile. I've never really messed around with ntuser.dat and I never knew about [HKEY_USERS\Custom]. I think I'm going to try tooling around with that. I guess I've been doing some things the hard way. :)

After modifying the NTUSER.DAT, do you place yours in $OEM$\$DOCS\Default User ?

Hi all, this is my first post here, so be gentle :rolleyes:

Here are some reg-values concerning this topic wich I haven't found yet in this GREAT :) forum. Remember : these settings take effect after a reboot.

Windows Start Menu options are controlled by the following Registry locations :

Windows 2000 and XP use the 9th binary value and Windows NT uses the 53 binary value as shown in the table below.

Windows 2000 and XP

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2

Windows NT 4.0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects

Windows 9x

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects

SINGLE OPTIONS:

08 = No Settings Enabled

09 = Auto Hide

00 = Show Clock

0A = Always on Top

0C = Show small icons in Start Menu

MULTIPLE OPTIONS:

01 = Auto Hide and Show Clock