Win03Srv: (urgent) Locked Administrator Account...

junale

hmmm....

yesterday i locked the administrator-account - that was not what i wanted, but the server hang up. now - without the possibility to use the administrative login nothing works anymore...

what could i do now?

sincerely,

JunAle

Hmmmm, it could be really tricky.

It mainly depends on which level of computing experience you are at, which kind of security police and/or add-on security programs are on the machine... and so on.

If on the machine there are production data I strongly suggest you to call for professional assistance, as, in case of errors, you could further compromise the accessing of data.

However, if you feel like it, the most straightforward way is to try this nifty tool:

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Please READ EVERYTHING TWICE, make sure you UNDERSTAND IT FULLY, and for godsake, PRINT EVERYTHING, as you might find yourself disconnected from the internet!

Hope the above helps,

good luck,

jaclaz

if your are really that desperate use linux and mount your ntfs system. then clear the admin password. i have downloaded a minimalist linux somewhere built for the purpose of clearing admin passwords for nt systems. fits on a diskette. search google.

Hmmmm, it could be really tricky.

It mainly depends on which level of computing experience you are at, which kind of security police and/or add-on security programs are on the machine... and so on.

If on the machine there are production data I strongly suggest you to call for professional assistance, as, in case of errors, you could further compromise the accessing of data.

However, if you feel like it, the most straightforward way is to try this nifty tool:

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Please READ EVERYTHING TWICE, make sure you UNDERSTAND IT FULLY, and for godsake, PRINT EVERYTHING, as you might find yourself disconnected from the internet!

Hope the above helps,

good luck,

jaclaz

If you use this and have NTFS as your file system, be aware that all your private files WILL be deleted once you blank your password using this utility! :)

Well this might not be the best solution but it will work. Is server just a member server ? I hope so. Anyway if youre after just the data re-install 2003 server without formating the drive you will have all your data but all else will be lost

Meh.. i know it's not ideal.

Minus Human

/me thinks you could try bartPE or ERD Commander 2003. Will allow you to copy away your NTFS files safely, using a GUI.

I agree I am a huge fan of PE, you can obtain it from your OEM 3 packs or your Corporate licensing TAM.