The count-down to SP2

prathapml

Which language (of Windows) do you use?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which language (of Windows) do you use?

• English
    • German/Japanese
    • Others

It's 10:52 in Australia and, as knight_dkn said, I just got up also. Where is this SP?

Ahwell, back to waiting. I hope they move it soon. I'm on the beta team and I can't wait to the final after seeing some of the features.

Technical stuff

It seem that Windows Update V5 is out. This is one of the SP2 new feature. But u can take advantage of this new WU by simply pointing your IE to WU site and then in the address bar just replace

http://v4.windowsupdate ...............

4 with 5.

It should look like

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?ln=en-us

That's all folks.

isn't it on v5 by default?

yeah, it is on v5 by default.

Windows xp sp2 can b ordered HERE on CD  :)

I'm going to put in an order. I got SP1 the same way.

Heh, must be a lot of people putting in orders... Looks like they just removed XP SP2 English from the CD Language box on the Order Page. It was there just a moment ago but now nothing is avaliable. Never mind, must have been a glitch.

Microsoft will ship the CD to you free of charge.

It seems that forum went down once again. I donno what's happening...

Anyway it's 10:30 Eastern Europe. I've just woken up an hour ago and I looks that nothing serious occured while I was sleeping.

Besides I see that ppl get bored and that there is no more activity on this thread like it used to be last night.

@argon007: I do know that v5 will be default AFTER you install SP2, BUT I said you can try it EVEN BEFOR installing it.

Downfalls to using IPB. I can honestly say I've never seen mysql errors on a vBulletin forum but vBulletin isn't free :)

This thread is quite premature. Sp2 won't be released for another 2 days or so. There were some last minute kinks with major crashing issues and something to do with Divx codecs as well amongst few other things.

Steve Stiennon from Meta Groups:

The size and significance of SP2 render it as close to a new version of Windows as Microsoft could get while still calling it an update.

SP2 delays have been caused by newfound vulnerabilities in Windows XP.

"They've got to get this one right," Stiennon said. "Otherwise, the consequences could be pretty painful."

News source: TechNewsWorld Site

La nouvelle version du Service Pack 2 vient d'être annoncé par Microsoft, et est dès à présent disponnible pour les beta-testeurs. Elle est compatible avec tous les systèmes Windows XP (TabletPC et MediaCenter inclus). À noter qu'elle est prévue pour le 10 août, et donc c'est propableme l'une des dernières préversion pour ce très attendu SP-2.

SDMag

This was wrote in july but they talked about august 10

Waiting