The count-down to SP2

prathapml

Which language (of Windows) do you use?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which language (of Windows) do you use?

• English
    • German/Japanese
    • Others

No, not playing a prank on you valuable people - but I'm not sitting right next to the "pack-it-up" stall either. But I do know it'd come far earlier to me than most (thru undisclosed channels).

MSFN will mirror the SP on their servers ?????????
That would be considered illegal. Privately/temporarily if you serve it from your own server, that is not such a serious matter. Officially, you can't start distributing it until MS themselves are ready with it, and says "GO !".

But, we are an impatient lot, lot more than others ever could be, aren't we? So.....

Question: How many of you will install SP2 imediatelly after its release regarding the fact that a lot of compatibility problems have been issued ?

As far as I'm concerned first I will try SP in a virtual machine, secondly I will install it on my current XP installation and finally I will slipstream it and do a FORMAT c:\ FULL install of the new Win XP

personally.. soon as im aware of it being out ill downloading it.. will take me awhile cuz im on dialup.. but ill slipstream in 2 my unattended cd & bedone with it :)

How many of you will install SP2 imediatelly after its release regarding the fact that a lot of compatibility problems have been issued ?

All of us, compatibility be darned. :)

In any case, we all know what works and doesn't, and how on RC2 - and it won't change from that situation, so.......