The count-down to SP2

prathapml

Which language (of Windows) do you use?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which language (of Windows) do you use?

• English
    • German/Japanese
    • Others

i personally preffer the delay than a new windows update (v5) carrying 300mb of directx9d, WMP 9 1/2, and 30 updates for outlook and iexplorer.

MS please take note: what i only want it's a release on august being sure that i won't need a sp3 on christmas!!

:) well said, by simonsays.

SP2 is still on route to being released on august 5th (if testers report any major problems, expect it to be delayed by 2 days, otherwise, SP2 is on the right path, just waiting for the right minute).

i have read the final SP2 is delayed again and wont come out on 5th august but somewhere at the end of this month...

They clearly state (in those links) that it is WU/AU release that will be on Aug25 - and that is known to us already. What matters is when it RTM's - and that is very close to now! Even the RTW has not much relevance, since we all would have leeched the final build off a leaked link even before the news of SP2's release enters the newspapers.

Its not a matter of faith. SP2 is pretty close to being released now/today. :)

That's no reason to lose SP2 - they are talking of the date it will be RTW'ed. RTM (and the leak after that :)) is imminent as even that article by Paul Thurrott says (he is a very trusted source on MS-related news).

SP2 is in its final throes of RTM. It was being intensively tested for any regressions. And is now code-base finalised. In some time, you'll all get to the US English SP2 final update. Shortly after, I'll try digging out the links to german/japanese as well - if there are any more votes which will justify it.

You know, this comment which I read somewhere (about release of SP2) cracked me up like hell - I mean, its the ultimate:

I think they are going for a simultaneous release with Longhorn.
:):rolleyes: LMAO....... ROTFLOL....

All the preparation you see going on in the remotest of places (the most significant being SP2 home-page, and Automatic Updates page), of course, tells a totally different story - one that is deciphered easily even by the common man who has no access to insider sources and code.

You know, this comment which I read somewhere (about release of SP2) cracked me up like hell - I mean, its the ultimate:
I think they are going for a simultaneous release with Longhorn.
:):rolleyes: LMAO....... ROTFLOL....

All the preparation you see going on in the remotest of places (the most significant being SP2 home-page, and Automatic Updates page), of course, tells a totally different story - one that is deciphered easily even by the common man who has no access to insider sources and code.

If they keep going at this pace, they WILL end up releasing it when Longhorn gets released! :D

:rolleyes: well said, by simonsays.

SP2 is still on route to being released on august 5th (if testers report any major problems, expect it to be delayed by 2 days, otherwise, SP2 is on the right path, just waiting for the right minute).

i'm happy that you agree with me :) also i think the same, it just a minor delay and will be available soon, in a few days or so.

why anyone haven't said anything about:

Microsoft notes that the maximum download size is about 90 MB for XP Home Edition and 110 MB for XP Professional Edition.

from here

110 mb is the biggest download for sp2 via windows update, it's less that what i have thought... how many mb will be the sp2 (from the microsoft site not windows update??