The count-down to SP2

prathapml

Which language (of Windows) do you use?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which language (of Windows) do you use?

• English
    • German/Japanese
    • Others

Just trying to confirm my assumptions... If I slipstream SP2 in my source-files, I can get rid off all Hotfixes, DirectX and Windows Media Player 9 right?

What I would do is slipstream it in and then do a clean instal and check out what updates and other apps are missing and then put them in.

Seeing as last I remembered c-net is in the United States an that news bit was posted at psat 10 p.m.... well.. I am in the United States (diff time zone).. ah ********** ******* ********* ********* ******* ****** :)

I give up on waiting.. I will reinstall sp1 before then.. I need to reinstall, got new drivers I want to test for my nforce mobo and new radeon drivers.. been holding off for weeks.. No more!!!!!! Today is the day, after I get some sleep.

Update: Edited my post to try and correct all the mistakes... To tired.. must sleep.. Good night all

Windows XP update delayed again

Published: August 4, 2004, 10:55 PM PDT

By Ina Fried

Staff Writer, CNET News.com

Microsoft has again delayed a long-awaited update to Windows XP, citing quality concerns. The company had planned to wrap up development this week on Windows XP Service Pack 2, but a Microsoft representative said late Wednesday that the software giant had decided that more work was needed on the update before if could be released to manufacturing.

They probably want to make sure there are no compatibility problems with Duke Nukem Forever.

By Ina Fried

Microsoft has again delayed a long-awaited update to Windows XP, citing quality concerns. The company had planned to wrap up development this week on Windows XP Service Pack 2, but a Microsoft representative said late Wednesday that the software giant had decided that more work was needed on the update before if could be released to manufacturing.

They probably want to make sure there are no compatibility problems with Duke Nukem Forever.

lol

Duke Nukem Forever... hahaha

Or perfecting the latest versions of notepad and solitare.. wouldn't want new firewall to interfere with those.. :)

Anyway, I am supposed to be sleaping.. couldn't help myself...

f***, I'm gonna get some sleep, haha. I'm totally wasted, been up three days and nights, couldn't sleep tonight, thought I'd wait for SP2, but no can't do. Why don't those s*ckers just say 'a few weeks' instead of giving exact dates so that everyone is anticipating!

I could have done a clean install with my (NOT YET BURNED...... BCUZ OF MS) unattended setup hours ago.

I'm off to bed, cheers! The setup will have to wait...

By Ina Fried

They just want make sure on complibility of the SP2.

We just wait for Windows XP SP2 released.

Guest universal

Dear Microsoft,

Beginning August 5 for each day you delay service pack 2, I will club one of these cute baby seals...