The count-down to SP2

prathapml

Which language (of Windows) do you use?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which language (of Windows) do you use?

• English
    • German/Japanese
    • Others

On the bright side of downloading :) if you consider that WWW infrastructure has grown a great deal since SP1 it might not be as bad to download as we think. Consider that many more people will have broadband thus reducing the amount of time each person is actually downloading. Plus microsoft will be expecting a rush of caffined-up uberberds to be leaching their servers so maybe they've added a few extra file servers to their distributed DNS.

Plus, microsoft will be expecting a rush of caffeined-up uberberds to be leaching their servers.......
Like, for example, /ME /ME /ME /ME............

The baby is expected shortly (despite the denial that it is being given out today. Those denials were actually that SP2 won't come on Automatic Update or WU on Aug5. But the RTM/RTW is on schedule. For Once :)). It might be out anytime, from now, we'll just have to see. :rolleyes:

@wyattXP: I know its not out yet & i know its on the frontpage, just sayin cuz paul's site is a good source for info bud and is accruite 99% of the time.

anyway happy downloadin when its avalible troops.. :)

Personnally I would like to use the french version but with this translate version there's always bugs (minor bugs) that made me swtich to the english version. For example when I set the display of a folder to details, the french version can switch it back to icons display after 1 week or 2 for no reasons. That's one example. With the english version I don't have this kind of behaviors.

The english version seem to be more predictable and stable for me.

It was never my intention to still be awake at this time, but since I still am, I might as well await SP2 :). See what speeds I can get. Does anyone have any info on how it will be distributed?

first of all I don't suppose translations will be out tomorrow?! I use Dutch WinXP Pro with slipstreamed SP1. So I don't think it's such a good idea to slipstream an english SP2 in there :rolleyes:

Second, wil there be, for example, a mirror @ microsoft.nl? Or will it just be the international site with lot's and lot's of backup?!

[edit]

Haha, I just reread my post, it says posted on 6:00 AM. My pc says 05:50. Whoah! Awesome!

[edit v2]

Sorry to ask this question between all you guys that seem to have been anticipating this release for months, but where can I find the download when released? Can't find a thing on microsoft.com, technet or msdn ????

prathapml, I'll be joining you through the night. If anyone would like to have a conversation or a multiple person chat on MSN, please add me:

mike [at] astromike [dot] com

We can discuss and review service pack 2 while we wait for it. :)