The count-down to SP2

prathapml

Which language (of Windows) do you use?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which language (of Windows) do you use?

• English
    • German/Japanese
    • Others

OK, everybody. #clap clap clap - to get attention#

Here we are, with just about 24 hours left (I think) for the RTM of Windows XP's Service Pack 2. Let's keep a candle-light vigil, waiting for it. And let me see how many more people join in.

The aim?

This is the thread you'd find the first (on MSFN) link to SP2 final.

We'd like to make this the definitive thread for eve-of-SP2 butterflies in the stomach. You can talk of abstract feelings, non-technical matters related to this, whatever! Here's the siren going off, for all those excited about SP2 to start posting about their feelings, on the eve of its release.

mmm ok i'll start now!

i'm hearing of this SP2 since months. i think my XP works very well but i'm forced to install this SP2 because of these rumours. I've just update my windows update to V5 and it's very nice, i just hope it'll works as well as V4.

i'm afraid because the italian version of Sp2 will be one of the latest to be released so...go on waiting again....but PLEASE PLEASE SP2 COME TO ME, COME TO MY PC :)

W SP2!!!

YES!

i surely format my pc using drive image (where i created a little installation with XP Sp1) and then straight updating to SP2 and at the end....reinstall everything, tons of GB of apps and games :)

Hey, carry on folks.

We'd like to make this the definitive thread for eve-of-SP2 butterflies in the stomach. You can talk of abstract feelings, non-technical matters related to this, whatever!

will SP2 feature SATA drivers so i dont have to slipstream them into the installation when i format my pc and slipstream SP2 into the windows install tommorow?
Nopes!

from the looks of pre-release versions of XPSP2, there are no additions to MassStorage device drivers (which is what SATA/IDE/SCSI are).

MSFN - Registered members: 22864

And only (hmmmm.....) 6 have posted here?

I dunno how late and what date is with you all but here it's allready the 5th aug.

Am i to soon.... :rolleyes:

Okay then prathapml, non technical:

"Who is drinking a nice cold beer at this moment?"

I just found a nice bottle of Heineken in fridge. :)

I dunno how late and what date is with you all but here it's allready the 5th aug.
Ha ha ha....... :)

Isn't it such an irony that we are being slowed down by the Americans? (no offense meant, they normally are the quickest ones). We are waiting while the US time-zone is still indicating the previous day's "time to sleep".

BTW, could you share that "nice bottle of Heineken" with us all, who are shivering in the night, keeping a candle-vigil? :rolleyes:

Okidoki! (i still have to get some sleep, it's 00:48 now..)

Here, for all of you: All the guys who learned me a lot of cool stuff and tricks.

I say thnx and grab one from me while waiting>>>

bottleimage.gif

You think this will do?? :)