How Longhorn could help end users and businesses

nighthawk

I wrote an article yesterday while I was working and thought I'd share it with you guys :)

Ok, so here I am at where my dad works, doing some cleanup around the parking lot later today. I'm drinking my coffee and dad mentions he needs to check something on the computer. Then he ends up arguing with the computer because it won't do exactly what it is he wants to do.

So I got thinking about how Longhorn and its core technologies could help end users and businesses get their work done faster so they can be more productive.

Scenario 1

A car dealership needs up-to-the-minute information and statistics and more...

Develop an Avalon application that takes advantage of the WinFS storage capabilities and Indigo. The application allows users to store vital information regarding sales, manage account information, etc, across their domain.

You can read the rest here: http://www.nextl3vel.net/forum/showtopic_8339.html

Enjoy :rolleyes:

end-users and businesses are going to run average Spec'ed machines. MS would do well to remember that and offer the option to run longhorn with low 3D effects.

If that realization doesn't happen, longhorn will end up being an OS that few people use, despite being good for them.