XP Service Pack 2 IS OUT!

Ropera

False alarm!! My apologies to y'all!

Chit! I got overexcited, maybe too much Pepsi Edge today (the page I posted changed slightly thou).

Please any administrator that get pious and erase this post before I drag this shame to my grave. TIA.

From Microsoft site:

• Aug 2, 2004: Windows XP SP 2 Release Candidate 2 (RC2) Removed from the Web

This signifies the end of the pre-release distribution program in anticipation of the final release of SP2. Windows XP SP2 remains on schedule for release this month.

We recommend that you not install the RC2 version of SP2 on additional systems. Instead, install the final, improved version of Windows XP SP2 when it becomes available later this month.

f***! many months waiting for this week and it appears to be delayed another time! :)

In the pre-released statement, Microsoft said it would localise the software into 25 different languages over the next two months

i hope install sp2 until christmas time :rolleyes:

So the bottomline is... SP2 is delayed again?
i didn't want to mean months but its appear that it's not going to be released as someone suggested this week.
[...]XP SP2 would be available shortly[...] but refused to clarify whether "shortly" meant it was days or weeks away. [...]

In the pre-released statement, Microsoft said it would localise the software into 25 different languages over the next two months

i hope install sp2 until christmas time :)

The good news actually is that those 25 languages will wait! We can get the english, german, japanese editions far earlier (maybe today?).

But I feel sad for non-English countries.

I have Traditional Chinese Version so I will wait for the Windows XP SP2 Traditional Chinese Version come out and update the windows.

The Traditional Chinese Version will be released on one day late as the English Version is released.