[release] FlyakiteSP1 v6.0

flyakite

soon it will be released sp2, it will be compatible?? or it doesn't replace system files only resources??
No, the current release will not be compatible with SP2 as the FAQ on the home-page states:
Q: Will FlyakiteSP1 v6.0 work on Windows XP with SP2 installed?

A: NO

It replaces the relevant system files (not only resources), in order to get the desired effect. You will run it without troubles *ONLY* with SP1. If you use the gold-release (SP0/RTM) of XP, you will not be able to run it properly. As for more details, questions, please check the home-page instead of asking about known issues here.

Yes it's definitely possible.

You would need to run makecab on every file, or write a batch file or something to process them all automatically.

However you have to keep in mind, if your XP cd has SP1 slipstreamed, but only installs updates AFTER xp is on the system, then it's just going to overwrite them, that is if XP doesn't have problems with the newer files being on the source to begin with.

My files are up-to-date Windows Update files, but the source files on a cd are just SP1 files. So if you add them to the source installation, the files are going to be two completely different versions than they should be.

Yes it's definitely possible.

You would need to run makecab on every file, or write a batch file or something to process them all automatically.

However you have to keep in mind, if your XP cd has SP1 slipstreamed, but only installs updates AFTER xp is on the system, then it's just going to overwrite them, that is if XP doesn't have problems with the newer files being on the source to begin with.

My files are up-to-date Windows Update files, but the source files on a cd are just SP1 files.  So if you add them to the source installation, the files are going to be two completely different versions than they should be.

flyakite could'nt you bypass that problem by disableing windows file protection

Disabling WFP doesn't mean much in this case. The problem is conflicting file versions.

Now I've never tried it of course, but I'm just saying that the normal source files would be just SP1 files, not updated SP1 files, so I don't know if this would cause crashes or erratic behavior in Windows.

Someone should try it in VMware and see how it works. I would but I'm leaving for Sturgis, SD for the next two weeks.

I'm leaving for Sturgis, SD for the next two weeks.
Have a nice time.

I'd like to let you know, that your multi-boot CD guide here has been mighty helpful to me (and probably lots more people). It seems to have become the point of reference in its niche. :)

Sometime in September my goal is to redo the entire multi-boot guide. Redesign the layout, the look, etc. Include new information, new files, new everything. So that should be interesting.

See ya!

What would I have to do to change this into Dutch?

mmmm..... just the normal whatever-you-do, I would think? :)

BTW, it might be quicker for you if flyakite sent you his initial drafts of the content, so you would be ready with the translations pretty soon! Howzzat?

What would I have to do to change this into Dutch?

mmmm..... just the normal whatever-you-do, I would think? :)

BTW, it might be quicker for you if flyakite sent you his initial drafts of the content, so you would be ready with the translations pretty soon! Howzzat?

I'm on a slow internet connection atm, so I couldn't download it to check it out. And the coming weeks I won't have time for this.

And here I thought you were going to update that guide a few weeks ago :)

Very impressive with this transform pack. If I actually liked Macs, I'd problally use it. But then again....my main problems was the mouse. Seriously, ONE BUTTON??? j/k :rolleyes: Very nice work.