Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 - now Final

Aaron

Thanks Aaron,been wating for this also.One of the features is that ATA 100 hard drives are recognized.I wonder if there will be an update for the 133 drives?

yo, mine is still saying Ultra DMA, while in XP, it says Ultra DMA Mode 5, 5 means ata 100, and 6 means ata 133 right? so whats up with the Ultra DMA in win2k? Ata 33 :)

yo, mine is still saying Ultra DMA, while in XP, it says Ultra DMA Mode 5, 5 means ata 100, and 6 means ata 133 right? so whats up with the Ultra DMA in win2k? Ata 33

mine says ultra dma aswell but that doesnt mean your drive isnt in ata100 or ata133 mode so dont worry about it.

ATA100 support first appeared in SP2.

I'm not sure if SP3 offers ATA133, but I found my Maxtor to be operating at UDMA 6 when I was in SP2 via the SiSoft Sandra 2002 app. (I'm unable to determine my UDMA mode from Device Properties, because of the fact my 2 hard drives are now on a ATA133 Promise disk controller.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
Guest necrobumper

I can't wait until Win2000 SP4 comes out? Did you hear about Windows Vista? It's supposed to be sweet.

I can't wait until Win2000 SP4 comes out? Did you hear about Windows Vista? It's supposed to be sweet.

Are you Kidding? SP4 has been out a few years now.

This guy is obvious spammer. Look at this thread and this one. Just look at his name, necrobumper. It tells what he/she will do. Mods should do something here.

Cheers ;)