Add an shortcut to Quicklanch in unatt-xp setup

As-sassin,

What happens if you apply like so =>

use the command - regedit /s q_all.reg

Does this apply it, bearing in mind you may have to log and log in again before it takes effect.

If it does merge, it be the "Software-Management-Tool" you use that makes it fail.

Hope that helps.

Thanks though Felix, as will help with own CD with i get.

I am writing a guide at the moment to show you how to do all this safely... check back in the next hour or 2 for a link to the guide.  :)

:D Thank you very much! :rolleyes:

@oioldman

That makes no diffrent...

I understood the problem is, that I didn't added it to the default ntuser.dat.

as-sassin

:rolleyes: Yippie! It works!

Now did it that way:

I used Felix reg-file and batched that from the guideline:

*copy_by_tool* q_all.reg %SYSTEMROOT%
Reg Load "HKU\CUSTOM" "c:\documents and settings\%USERNAME%\ntuser.dat"
regedit /s "%SYSTEMROOT%\q_all.reg"
Reg Unload "HKU\CUSTOM"

For %username% I use "default user" for new installation and leave it to insert a special user for already installed PCs.

It's great, but I'm not finished at all by now:

The Quick Launch Bar only shows the Links at c:\documents and settings\special user\and\so\on\Quick Launch not from c:\documents and settings\default user\and\so\on\ (or all users)... :)

Any clue?

Anyway many thanks to Felix :D , great work!

as-sassin

Now I use a batch for every user:

(Please don't mind it's german...)

copy /y "c:\dokumente und einstellungen\all users\startm~1\programme\bla\Bla.lnk" "%userprofile%\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch" 
copy /y "c:\dokumente und einstellungen\all users\startm~1\programme\xyanwendungen\Notes.lnk" "%userprofile%\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"
copy /y "c:\dokumente und einstellungen\all users\startm~1\programme\anti-virus\Anti-Virus.lnk" "%userprofile%\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"
copy /y "%userprofile%\startm~1\programme\zubehr~1\Windows-Explorer.lnk" "%userprofile%\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"
if exist del /s "%userprofile%\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows XP-Tour.lnk"

That works fine! :)

as-sassin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance for the guide Felix, having just finished following your guide, it certainly looks like you've spent a lot of time and effort creating it. :)

I'll post again with my findings after running my next unattended install, but im pretty confident that everything will work as planned; thanks again.

I was under the impression that if you add the appropriate registry entries @ stage T-12/13, still in the unattended install, there are no users logged on.

That means that any hkcu key is automatically entered in the Default User hive.

me, I'm merging multiple regfiles in cmdlines.txt and quicklaunch is active for any user I create; even on a completely finished install on which I add a new user.