Maintaining a Yahoo Sticky

quite a lot of times we see some softwares which dont support silent switches and need to be repackaged as some of our members have already done. the authors post the packages to help others but the links die soon and the forum is filled with requests of the same.

some of the reasons might account to hosting space being expensive or being unavailable due to some reason or the other.

one free solution i suggest is uploading sofware in a yahoo email account(which allows 10MB attachments now) and then posting the username and password in a sticky and maintain such similar stickies. users can just email the application to their email accounts themselves and then download at a convenient time.

(ps. i have seen it working in other forums and its proven to be quite helpful)

i agree it would be quite helpful, but someone that u give the password 2 may decide 2 "toy" with the account.. so its not a fool proof plan ..

none the less, id be up 2 try it out & see how it goes

ya, that would be a more logical alternative i think.. or maybe find a free hosting site & someone could whip up a quick GUI & post a link 2 it?

EDIT 1000 Posts !!!! :)

it has been working fine with other forums. and over here we have a very helpful community. if at all, the author could post the size in bytes or CRC checksum to make sure the content wasnt changed by the time it reaches the end-user.

pirated content in other forums has been availing stable uptime in yahoo so i dont think that the freely available content which we would be sharing should pose to be a problem to anyone.

we cant say unless we try, can we? :)

MCT, you know what they say? It's not quantity, but quality, that counts. The amount doesn't really matter, as long as the quality is good. :rolleyes:

i know.. none the less tho its still impressive IMO :)

regards