Anyone find RWIN settings in the reg?

XPerties

Ive done several tweaks with 95,98,2000 to help out with downloads and uploads, But Ive been unable to find any of these settings talked about. Ive refered to dslreports.com, speed411.com and several other sites. Anyone have remote idea [b:7d77ea792f]ON ANY[/b:7d77ea792f] reg tweaks to open the window for faster speed?

-Chris

One- you might want to check out what Lobo says here:

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.ph...&threadid=50054

Two- Are you referring to the RWIN? A lot of the tweaks depend on your CPU and connection - here is one, I have used for cable and a fast CPU.

-------------------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesTcpipParameters]

"SackOpts"=dword:00000001

"TcpWindowSize"=dword:0007d780

"Tcp1323Opts"=dword:00000001

"DefaultTTL"=dword:00000040

"EnablePMTUBHDetect"=dword:00000000

"EnablePMTUDiscovery"=dword:00000001

"GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize"=dword:0007d780

------------------------------------------------------------------

Two- Are you referring to the RWIN? [/quote:269d916d66]

Yes ...Thats why the title to the post is what it is. My main objective is to increase my upload and download any way possible through XP. Im on a cable connection running PIII 1ghz overclocked to 1200, 512 of Rev. 2 High performance ram. Altho the link was a excellent source of knowledge Im not sure it led me in the right direction.Thanks tho:D

-Chris

Well I found what I believe was looking for....The link posted above and the forums informed me alot about increasing the speed for a cable and DSL connection....Theres alot of information you can find here...Check it out.

ht*p://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46041

But still looking to see if uncapping a connection is possible...Any advice on that?

-Chris

Just a update .....I did everything that was mentioned on the link plus a few more things that I have posted the link for and what a huge difference. Speed benchmarks and down times have increased.....Believe it but I download this file off of a website and got 172kbs....I s*** my pants. Oh well thought Id let everyone know. Make sure you read everything and follow the steps exactly....It took me a little over and hour but it was worth it.

Extra things done:

ht*p://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=429070#post429070

-Chris

P.S. I had my speed up so high I knocked my modem off line and to reset and change setting lower

[b:dd198d1685]My hat goes off to LOBO at the forums.....Thanks![/b:dd198d1685]

You know most of the speed test that I have ran at DSLreports and speed411 all are up and down scores....My biggest notice is the web surfing speed and downloading files from servers. I was unable to go over 14kbs uploading but last night I was uploading at 17.5 steady which is great. Just to give you a ex. the scores I got on DSLReports have ranged any where from 900kbs to 400kbs... Big difference huh!

-Chris

I agree with you - it is difficult to find a reliable

way to benchmark the tweaks unless you are willing to

follow everything Lobo says. As long as mine show up as

100 times faster than a 56K modem (give or take a few points)

I am happy.

• 1 month later...

Here is a sure fire way of increasing your download speed:

Make sure you are logged in as admin.

go to start, run, type: gpedit.msc

expand the Local Computer Policy tab

expand the Administrative Templates tab

expand the Network Tab

highlight the QOS Packet Scheduler (in left window)

in right window double click the Limit Reservable Bandwidth setting

select the "Enabled" box

change "Bandwidth Limit to "0"

exit and reboot.

MS reserves this 20% of your possible bandwidth for whatever unknown reason. Unchecking QOS in the network settings doesnt really help, but cant hurt.

Guest LouCypher

I made the mistake of "Uninstalling" the QOS Packety Scheduler so it wasn't bound to my ethernet adapter and it really slowed down my connection without it. Put it back on and the connection went back to normal. I just did what slippery suggested but haven't rebooted yet. I'll see what kinda benefit it gives me.

• 3 weeks later...

[b:1db218040c] I simply found and download and use a program called TWEAK MASTER which works on all forms of connections. and found which settings workd best for me... and changing the RWIN was easy that way. sure worked for me.

www.rosecitysoftware.com/tweakmaster/ SN:M1-D33-0304A8E8-4BF81A58[/b:1db218040c]