Win XP Pro crashes 1 second into booting.

I created a floppyless raid boot disk out of my win xp pro cd since I don't have a floppy. I followed the winnt.sif instructions and the raid works in the install, but when windows boots after complete unattend install it auto-reboots less than a second after the Windows XP Professional logo comes on the screen.

I looked at the directory and all the directories inside the $OEM$ files were copied on the HD as well as windows and program files directories are there. here is a list of my winnt.sif file.

I also added a command for the batch file in SetupMgr for after windows is installed to install Office 2003 Pro also. This is what I typed in the line and then hit the ADD button and then clicked done.

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

but I don't see it anywhere in the winnt.sif file? and I don't know the name of the file that SetupMgr might of created to check for it? and it i'm not sure it installed as office is not in the start menu or the program files directory.

does anyone have any ideas why xp pro won't run? it seemed to install ok?

thanks

-=Mark=-

You will need to created a bat file for office 2003 installation

Just copy your line to a bat file and add in winnt.sif in section [GuiRunOnce] the bat filename

ex: %systemdrive%\install\office2k3.bat

I think your OemPnPDriversPath is a bit too long :)

It's has limited size, but I don't remember how many

Put all storage drivers in one directory, that works fine for me.

If added VIA & Intel drivers in one dir.

If this doesn't work check out this topic:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=14869

Hope my info was usefull

O, I got Windows to install. I had the FullName and ComputerName the same. I noticed it when I reran SetupMgr and remembered when I manually install windows it wouldn't let me have my Computer Name the same as FullName and ask me to re-enter my computer name. but, SetupMgr doesn't seem to do this check and lets me enter in the wrong info.

as for Office not installing. I'm going to make a new post.

Thanks for the help verlegenmanneke.

-=Mark=-

btw... The OemPnPDrivers path is fine,. although way too long, but it is accepted and works fine. as for the link, that's where I got the path from. I just installed the file by MarkVM. I didn't read all the messages. maybe I'll look it over and see if there is a way to only install the 2 or 3 drivers I need instead of the whole collection of drivers.

I think your OemPnPDriversPath is a bit too long :)

It's has limited size, but I don't remember how many

It is limited to 4096 characters.

Good to see that your other problems were solved. For your office 2003 question, read the MSFN official guide carefully. To be more specific, read this:

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/office2003_advanced.htm