Winamp 5.0.4 MSI release

Alanoll

@Alanoll *Update* I tried the replaced version and everything works great even the registration.  Thanks again.

now if only I knew how I fixed it :)

[sETUP]xintex=1

xmodernskin=1<-------------------

xaudio=1

xextra=1

xregopt=1

xuser="name"<-----------------------------

xkey="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

xdesktop=0<---------------------------------

xquicklaunch=1<----------------------------

xstartmenu=1

XSkinsetting ="emerald city"<----------------

not sure what skinsetting is?

I've only tested SkinSetting using Winamp Modern and Winamp Classic. I took the settings fron the INI file saved upon exit.

Since you haven't tried the new version yet, I'm going to assum your registration is working now.

I'll check the xmodernskin. But that only installs support, it does not activate it by default unless you use SKINSETTING= with a modern skin. See if the support is installed.

I just silently updated the MSI. There was a bug with the out_wave.dll that the ini entries in winamp.ini weren't correct for. THey're fixed now.

@ Alanoll

this is the latest with the new download, modern was active I just thought it

would default to it when open, sorry, is that what skinsetting is for set modern to

default?

[sETUP]xintex=1

xmodernskin=1

xaudio=1

xextra=1

xregopt=1

xuser="name"<------------------------------

xkey="xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

xdesktop=0

xquicklaunch=1<------------------------------

xstartmenu=1

xskinsetting ="modern"----if this is correct I need to test it-----------

the arrowed items still not working w\cmd line. don't know with .ini

I'm still getting the "0" for user name, and no quicklaunch icon

@Alanoll *Update* I tried the replaced version and everything works great even the registration.  Thanks again.

now if only I knew how I fixed it :)

[sETUP]xintex=1

xmodernskin=1<-------------------

xaudio=1

xextra=1

xregopt=1

xuser="name"<-----------------------------

xkey="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

xdesktop=0<---------------------------------

xquicklaunch=1<----------------------------

xstartmenu=1

XSkinsetting ="emerald city"<----------------

not sure what skinsetting is?

I've only tested SkinSetting using Winamp Modern and Winamp Classic. I took the settings fron the INI file saved upon exit.

Since you haven't tried the new version yet, I'm going to assum your registration is working now.

I'll check the xmodernskin. But that only installs support, it does not activate it by default unless you use SKINSETTING= with a modern skin. See if the support is installed.

I just silently updated the MSI. There was a bug with the out_wave.dll that the ini entries in winamp.ini weren't correct for. THey're fixed now.

Yea I wish I knew too so you could help the other people having problems. Oh well.

I tried your silent update and everything still works for me.

@ Alanoll
this is the latest with the new download, modern was active I just thought it

would default to it when open, sorry, is that what skinsetting is for set modern to

default?

[sETUP]

xintex=1

xmodernskin=1

xaudio=1

xextra=1

xregopt=1

xuser="name"<------------------------------

xkey="xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

xdesktop=0

xquicklaunch=1<------------------------------

xstartmenu=1

xskinsetting ="modern"----if this is correct I need to test it-----------

the arrowed items still not working w\cmd line. don't know with .ini

I'm still getting the "0" for user name, and no quicklaunch icon

the string in SKINSETTING is taken DIRECTLY from the winamp.ini file in your WInamp directory. The two settings by default are "Winamp Modern" and "Winamp Classic". If neither are set (as in you specifiy something else), it defaults to classic as that's Winamp's natural behavior. If you don't specify anything in SKINSETTING, then it should default to Modern.

As for the quicklaunch, I've been able to manipulate it. However, it would appear as though you are having problems with the QUicklaunch that are NOT winamp.msi related (WMP link for example)

As for User not working, copy the code you use to start it. Since you said that you haven't tried INI yet, no reason to post the INI code for it. Give me the exact commandline, not from memory, but copy past from your files. I really don't see where there is a problem in the MSI. It takes whatever you specify for that variable, stores in in a variable, and then simply puts that variable in the registry. It does not manipulate it in anyway. It's a direct transfer.

well.... i have noticed this

C:\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\winamp.lnk

ow ermmm... the SFC errors are gone :), read my own topic "k-lite wont install" why...

offtopic:

also i am wondering this works only AFTER the unattendsetup:

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\De Internet Explorer-browser starten.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"

do someone know a solution? i want to install the quicklaunchbar in an earlier stadium but i cant find a way to do that...

@ Alanoll

thanks, my install is nLited so may have something to do with

all this, as is SolidasRock's and for that matter so is drthawhizkid's,

I'm going to work on and let you know. I tried the .ini method

again and no ql or name, just as code is above, cmd is also the same.

EDIT

maybe I'm causing the QL problem by using this in my batch,

I know I'm fixing using this code, going to drop an icon in with this.

COPY "%systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\qllinks\*.lnk" "%Userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"

@ drthawhizkid

perhaps you could post your cmd\ini

thanks

Are the switches (for selecting individual components) case-sensitive?

@Alanoll-

I carried out a makecab on your initial (5.07 MB) release of wa5.04, and was amazed to see that it compressed down to 4.47 MB! (which is close to the size of the original installer). Using that, and maybe some optimizations, you might be able to bring down installer size to below 4 MB............ (hopefully)

Are the switches (for selecting individual components) case-sensitive?

@Alanoll-

I carried out a makecab on your initial (5.07 MB) release of wa5.04, and was amazed to see that it compressed down to 4.47 MB! (which is close to the size of the original installer). Using that, and maybe some optimizations, you might be able to bring down installer size to below 4 MB............  (hopefully)

well, I've already slimmed it down as much as I think possible in Installshield X. The makecab or raring is always a solution. If anyone knows any hidden features to make it even smaller, I'm all ears. But do note I have not included ANY engines in the release. Perhaps there is a compression by Component. I'll see. THere's supposed to be an option to select compresseion but I haven't found it.

Can someone try using this without an nLite'd CD? I mean seriously, without a clean source, how am I to know it it's the installer or something else you've done. :)

But I should point out, for the majoirty of stuff, I'm leaning towards user error (perhaps explanation wasn't enough however).

As for the switches being case sensitive, that's a good question. I don't believe so. But I've haven't done an all lowercase switch yet. I've tried capitol X and then lowercase and that worked, and then I tried ALL capitol and that worked.

@prathapml

Think you could see if the quicklaunch works. As long as you don't select components, it's only the core getting installed..

@bondedaddy

try redownloading. In a 30 minute window, I updated it 3 times. You may have been unfortunate in those 30 minutes. :rolleyes:

Also, you didn't post the exact line you use to install. You just said same as above. Give me the CMD line that you use to call, including all switches. X out the serial, but keep the format.

ok I've got it working for me, I used a batch reg hack for

user\key and used %userprofile% for quicklaunch and

"xskinsetting=winamp modern" works perfect

thanks

i really don't wanna hear that. I want to know how to fix it so there is no need for a workaround. There is 1/3 of you that have the registrtion working.

@prathapml

Think you could see if the quicklaunch works.

Well, so I did it now, and here's what happened:

Running the below from a command-line:

Winamp_5.0.4.msi xfull=1 xquicklaunch=1 /QB

did install all shortcuts and all components, but no quicklaunch shortcut! Instead, the desktop lnk (which is =1 by default, according to you) did get installed; and <StartMenu\Programs> links got installed properly. Winamp started in modern skin despite me not choosing to do so, and I also found that the media Library was positioned in front of winamp_main_window, therefore obscuring the view of it (at 1024x768, did not test at other resolutions).

Before I tested it (as you wanted), I uninstalled winamp, deleted all related registry entries and re-booted. So all settings would be at the defaults you made it with. All of this was on a clean system (not nLite'd, SP2 build2162). Also, I had registered the Pro version (using a .reg) just before using your .MSI, so I did not specify those options - but it surprised me to see that the registration info was wiped out after running the install. Hoping this helps...

I should point out, that I have no control over the positions. Winamp determines taht are first run.

As, you specified Xfull=1. That means Modern Skin support is installed. As such, Modern Skin is enabled by default, UNLESS specified not to. Which I don't see :rolleyes:

Well, too be honest about the quicklaunch, I took a guess. And see as how there are multilingual users, that's probally the problem. The Quicklaunch shortcut gets created at %Userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch. If there is any difference in the paths on your machines, it won't get created properly. I'll see if there is another place to create it. Otherwise, I may just remove it :)

As for overwriting the registration info....um.....I'll see what I can do. I'll perhaps need to add some conditions and see about creating a private property so that it checks if it's already present and does not overwrite. At the moment, it jsut writes what's in the property to registry (which is why I can't see what it's failing, unless user error)

EDIT:: Well I'll be....I made a typo earlier. the command isn't xuser, it's xname. New MSI coming fixing the overwriting and hopefully quicklaunch issue.