Office 2003 All in 1 integrated with SP1 ?

i may be out to lunch here, but the aio creator tool is not anything that is pirated / otherwise illegal. it is just a tool to take the 5 office 2003 cds and combine them into one iso. the app doesnt come with office or anything. you have to have office to make the aio disc.
This is my opinion, too.
And mine too.

I get the feeling that somebody is playing for moral priest.

mine too... but the link on that post was a link to an iso created with aio creator tool, not the aio creator program itself. that's why it was removed, anyway if you want the program why not just search on overnet for "aio creator"

Hi,

I think I have it working now, very unconventional and the ability to use ADD/REMOVE is functioning.

Also the menu option to create the Office Professional Edition 2003 5 CD set, slipstreamed with SP1 is also working.

I'll keep you posted, that's if anyone is interested. :blink::wacko::rolleyes:

Cheerz

I'll keep you posted, that's if anyone is interested.

So, what was the trick? CDCACHE?

EDIT: AIO Maker? Here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=158563

Hi,

It was neither.

I prefer to the ServicePack slipstream and AIO creation manually myself, I can follow the process watching the batch command window. I also use my own AIO menu.

It appears the problem maybe related to the fact that the original CD compilation consisted of mainly of .CAB file format and to slipstream SP1, you need to uncab the files via setup /a (Administrative Install). As I said before, the .cab file references remain in the .MSI files.

It's kinda wierd because the install or Add/Remove features works when installed from hard-drive, but fails when installed from DVD. I knew all the files where on the DVD, because if I just burnt the OFFICE directory (CD1) to CD, it installed or Add/Remove worked 100%.

I started thinking it was related to the face that the setup.exe and .MSI files prefer to be in the CD/DVD ROOT directory.

Keep you posted.

Cheerz :);):D

post-70-1093043013_thumb.png

@daMANiack

I assume you burnt AIO SP1 to dvd? Or were you somehow able to fit all of them to a single cd?

Bet I can do using cdimage.exe is a little above 900mb.

Hi bilemke,

Yes, burnt and extensively tested from DVD.

The Project stats:

1) Files on hard-drive 2.57 GB (2,760,216,822 bytes)

2) Optimised to 909 MB (953,479,168 bytes)

3) Rared down to 366Mbs

Unfortunately it is impossible AFAIK to get the complete Office Professional Edition 2003 5 CD set down to less than 700Mbs it sized.

I could witkout SP1, I did it nearly 12 months ago when first released.

But the problem is, to SlipStream SP1 into files, you have to perform an Administrative Install (setup /a) and this uncabs the files.

Cheerz :);):D

I found a way to get the CD to 471 Meg. The price of admission is a program called Virtual CD. After slipstreaming the service pack into the original CD's and using the AIO tool, my CD was 906 Meg with original files at 1.69 Gig. I used Virtual CD with level 4 compression (level 1 compression yeilds about 530 Meg) and burned a Smart Virtual CD. The Smart Virtual CD contains a packet driver that allows it to be used on any computer without need of the full program.

For the purchase price of Virtual CD, along with Microsoft's cdimage.exe program, it seems like you could gain some incredible compression results. Keep in mind that cdimage inventories the files on a cd and cross-links identical files so that they are written only once. Although that is not truly compression, it does work quite well for any CD that has the same file on it multiple times.

I'd recommend using Virtual CD's level 1 compression since it provides the best performance for compression ratio.

• 3 weeks later...

noabody,

I was trying to use virtual cd to create a Smart Virtual CD of Office 2003 AIO. But not able to do it. I have used the AIO maker and was able to create a 906MB cd (using Cdimage) with the source files having 1.96GB size (same as yours). After that, I am confused as to how to go about it.

Could you please elaborate on the Virtual CD part. I mean how you created the Virtual CD and what options to select. Thanks for your help....

ardnelias