Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 & Update Silent Install

neo_3333

• 5 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

Try

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Roxio Easy Media Creator 7

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait msiexec -i "%systemdrive%\Install\Emc7\Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.msi " SERIALNUMBER="xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S /qr

Where %systemdrive%\Install\Emc7 is the emc7 directory

You can add ADDLOCAL=ALL for allcomponents!!!!including content CD!!!!If you don't want napster first do setup.exe /a to the emc7 directory!

Help me suppress showing the readme file!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blushing:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've searched for a long time for this too. HERE the only answer founded... from Roxio

TNX Mercury_22 for this Sharing.

I just get the latest update 7.1.1.189 (122MB), and installed it. The system ask to load the EMC7 CD during this update installation and to Reboot at the end install.

You'll be kind to glance at the silent install command bellow

REG ADD %Key%\032 /VE /D "Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\032 /V 1 /D "\"%CDROM%\Software\Roxio\Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.msi\" " SERIALNUMBER=" "xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S /qr" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\032 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Roxio\Roxio update70to71.exe REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S /qr" /f

You may notice that i did not use the SERIALNUMBER=" "xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" ALLUSERS=1 for the update70to71.exe line.

Moreover, I have trouble with the number of quotation marks in yr command

start /wait msiexec -i "%systemdrive%\Install\Emc7\Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.msi " SERIALNUMBER="xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=Suppress REBOOTPROMPT=S /qr
I guess one quotation mark missed in " SERIALNUMBER=" "xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx". Isn't it???

TNX for yr help

coucou

I managed to silently install EMC7, but it when i run it, "The certificate file is missing or has been currupted, please reinstall it." error appears. Though all the files and registry settings are identical to a normal instalation.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a newbie to the unattend setup, but learning fast. I tried using the runonceex method for Roxio and I didn't have any luck, I am also wondering if I have the latest update, mine is updateretailto430.exe??? I would just like to get this program and NSW 2004 added to my install and it will be great!

Thanks to this site for all your help!! This is a great place to learn fast!!! I have made my first unattend cd in just a few days of messing with it!!

Hey all,

I've been reading up on the unattended/silent install stuff, and I've learned a lot. Thanks to all of MSFN for that!!!

Anyway, regarding ROXIO, check out the following links...

http://boards.support.roxio.com/roxio/boar...eam+emc7#M89255

[apparently, if you want to slipstream the update for 7.1, you have to place it in the update folder of the setup cd for Roxio 5.3. I'm assuming this would be the same in EMC 7.]

http://boards.support.roxio.com/roxio/boar...ream+emc7#M1339

[this board will talk more about the switches and command lines used to run a silent install of ECDC6, which should still apply to EMC7 since it is using the same installer packaging.]

http://boards.support.roxio.com/roxio/boar...e.id=5500#M5500

[i found this interesting because it shows a -z option that stands for ZERO user input. I would assume this means that nothing will be displayed during the install, or afterwards.]

I haven't had time to test any of these solutions, which is to say I'm probably wrong. I will attempt to set these up to test this evening. The only thing I'm unsure of is if this will install all of the contents CD if it is on the same disc with the setup files. I'm going to dig deeper tonight or tomorrow and I'll let you know if I find anything.

OK, I guess this isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Roxio is kinda strange. I ran the setup.exe /a and it says it copied all of the files, but when I run the setup from the directory where I copied the files to, it gives me an error like DSetup missing, and after the install, it says Certificate Missing or Corrupted please reinstall.

Help me out guys and gals, what should I do next???

OK, I guess this isn't as easy as I thought it would be.  Roxio is kinda strange.  I ran the setup.exe /a and it says it copied all of the files, but when I run the setup from the directory where I copied the files to, it gives me an error like DSetup missing, and after the install, it says Certificate Missing or Corrupted please reinstall. 

Help me out guys and gals, what should I do next???

The error DSETUP.dll is missing, refers to the DirectX folder that is missing, it looks for the directX folder to install directX 9c. you need to place a folder with the extracted directX9c in the directory, this will avoid the error message, but I haven't managed to do a successful, working silent install yet. :)

• 4 months later...
:: "Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic Edition" silent install
:: Build 7.1.0.183 Fra bundled with HP Evo Desktop Computers.  Serial key not needed
:: Replace <LETTER> with your CD-ROM Drive or Source Drive letter ie D:
:: change <LANGUAGE> with your language ie 1036 for French
msiexec TRANSFORMS=<LETTER>\<LANGUAGE>.mst /i "<LETTER>\Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic Edition.msi" /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress

Can someone with a retail box try my previous syntax and add serialnumber switch and reports if it works ?

msiexec TRANSFORMS=D:\1036.mst /i " D:\Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 Basic Edition.msi" SERIALNUMBER="xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress

D: is CD-ROM Drive letter

1036.MST is the transform to apply french language.

replace xx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx with your serial number

@coucou

http://helpnet.installshield.com/robo/proj...sformsApply.htm

When you apply a transform you are modifying a base .msi package to incorporate changes that you included in the transform (an .mst file).

When you specify more than one transform at the command line, the transforms are applied in the order specified. For example, you could have a base package that has only one feature, and one transform that adds a second feature, and another transform that changes the second feature in some way. The transform that adds the feature must be specified before the transform that changes the second feature; otherwise, the change will not be made properly.

I'm not sure we can apply two different transforms to get 2 different languages. GUI don't offer a menu to switch from one language to another.