multi desktops + dual display

nobodyveryspecial

okay.... virtual desktops

you know how in that you can up to 4 desktops, each with its own background, custom sorta displays etc....

i want the same thing, but split onto 2 monitors, but instead of 4 desktops i want 2.

1 per display, not that extended desktop stuff or clone

vmware.... thats like a virtual pc thing isnt it?

i dont really want 2 "computers" if you will, but the same concept as virtual desktop programs, but on 2 displays

SimonSays got it in 1, thats exactly what i want, but they are 2 independent desktops running fromt he same user.

the nvidia thing that mike-c means is either cloning or horizontal span. both of those are stupid becasue they are individualised, but run of the single original desktop

btw-nvidia gc 5900xt

ive heard rumours that ati can do it, but i wouldnt know.....

i reckon this would be a worthy thing for nvidia to invest in if possible, since it seems that a utility or addon is unable to do it as of yet

What you are looking for is a program called UltraMon. It gives you the ability to create a virtual taskbar on the 2nd screen. Another added plus is that the applications/windows open in one taskbar are independent of the windows on the other taskbar. This is a must program if you have dual monitor setup. Also you can set different wallpapers for each desktop so that they look like 2 different computers but controlled by the same user.