K-lite codec pack how to install it?

i place the k-lite to the top of cmd so it runs before messenger is installed. i get that error again. also get that "please put back the cd" error. i think i have to go back to the regtweak disable SFC.... after setup is run enable it again....

i am really curious why i am the only one with this problem....

edit: i see more and more problems with the sfc. i am a bit tired of it. so i disable the SFC and trusted my virusscanner. if i dont i go be crazy now....

i HATE the error SFC, if there occurs a error SFC again in the next install i pull my whole computer outside of my window....

I think I am getting the same SFC because of that codec pack ( wich doesn't install tho )....

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "K-Lite codec pack 2.10" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\KLiteCodec\klcodec210f.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /COMPONENTS=& "#34;bsplayer,divx,divxdec,xvid,xviddec,3ivx,wmv,dvd,mpeg2ligos,indeo,indeo4,indeo32,i263,mp3audi
o,wmaaudio,ac3audio,oggvorbis,musepack,vsfilter,oggvorbissplitter,matroska,fourcc,gspot,disg400,disf
fdshow"" /f

I think I am getting the same SFC because of that codec pack ( wich doesn't install tho )....

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "K-Lite codec pack 2.10" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\KLiteCodec\klcodec210f.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /COMPONENTS=& "#34;bsplayer,divx,divxdec,xvid,xviddec,3ivx,wmv,dvd,mpeg2ligos,indeo,indeo4,indeo32,i263,mp3audi
o,wmaaudio,ac3audio,oggvorbis,musepack,vsfilter,oggvorbissplitter,matroska,fourcc,gspot,disg400,disf
fdshow"" /f

thats a very old codecpack? why do u use that? please check this http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/ for a new version....

And this new one, how do YOU install it ?

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\codec\klcodec227f.exe /silent

put that in cmd and you are gone. the problems i have are all solved. what was the solution? i dont know....

because i have do many things. i have created a new disk with xpcreate because there are a new hotfix for IE and also remove the OPK and the hotfix Dx9b(<--this one is not the problem i am sure because i remove it earlier and wont help) and place the redist Dx9.c. also move the regtweaks to cleanup.cmd

i am happy it works without errors.....

you can specify your wantings with a ini file but i have googled for 3 hours and dont find ANY usefull information about this in english or dutch, there was a french site but i cant read french and wont use bablefish.

also i am wondering this works only AFTER the unattendsetup:

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\De Internet Explorer-browser starten.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk"

do someone know a solution? i want to install the quicklaunchbar in an earlier stadium but i cant find a way to do that...

Though I just noticed you fixed it, this is what I've used with no problems (note the section with the silent.inf and how it's enclosed in quotes and whatnot):

install.bat

@Echo off
title Installing K-Lite Codec Pack
color f1

echo K-Lite Codec Pack installation in progress...
klcodec227f.exe /silent /SP- /Loadinf=".\silent.inf"

silent.inf

[Setup]
Lang=en
Dir=C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack
Group=K-Lite Codec Pack
NoIcons=0
Components=divxdec,divx,divxmpeg4,xviddec,xvid,3ivxdec,3ivx,wmv,vp3,vp6dec,vp6,dvd,indeo,indeo4,inde
o32,i263,huffyuv,msmpeg4,mpeg2el,mp3audio,wmaaudio,ac3audio,ac3acm,oggvorbis,aac,musepack,voxware,ap
e,mp3lame

Without the quotes and whatnot around silent.inf, it would do a silent install, but wouldn't pull the inf file.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

i dont understand .

with quotes or without quotes?

i have the same problem but i use the k-lite megapack , i put the switch /silent loadinf=".\silent.inf" but at the time to install the dialogues appers mo makes cliks

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody know how to make Media player classic from K-lite codec pack associating media files types ? After the installation, they were still associated to WMP 9 ...

Thanks.

My mistake. It does register associate files for MPEG and another few formats but actually not for AVI which is still "owned" by WMP.

for the uxtheme.dll i have it in the cab uxtheme.dl_ and put it straight into the I386 folder. then if you look into your windows folder setuperr.log you will see

Error:

Setup detected that the system file named [f:\windows\system32\uxtheme.dll] is not signed properly

by Microsoft. This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.

Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file.

and for codec pack i always used

install k-lite codec pack on your computer using the command line switch /SAVEINF="%SYSTEMDRIVE%\install.inf" and then when you want to silent install use /VERYSILENT /SP- /LOADINF="install.inf"

and its worked for me.

Install the k-lite codecpack on a fresh system (vmware might be useful for that) and record the installation with a program like wininstall... It worked fine for me...

Wininstall makes a .msi install file of another installation.

I think its /qb (with progress bar) and /qn (very very silent :P) for the .msi files ( you can find the exact switches on the site)...

The useful thing about this is is that you can choose which components to install, although I DO recommend to NOT install BS-player like this because it gave me some probs afterwards when I DID do so....

Does anybody know how to make Media player classic from K-lite codec pack associating media files types ? After the installation, they were still associated to WMP 9 ...

Thanks.

I also what to know how to do thiis

i have discoverd 2 things. i get 2 errors. one with the please put the cd back ( a screenshot is maked a few post above this ) . i think this is because the hacked uxtheme.dll. also i get the error from k-lite codec pack again and i have make a screendump of it. below this post you will see the error.

i am suprised if there are people who install klcp without errors :|

i've found the direct solution to that problem. if your installing by using the revert to saved snapshot feature that vmware has, that's what's causing the problem. i got the exact same pop up, and i deleted my old virtual pc and started a new one, and no probs at all