Applications in widnows installl

Hi. I have a question. This is kind of of the topic but it isn't. I want to include my chipset but it need to be install has a exe because I can't figure out how to do it other wise. So my question is if I add it in my batch with my other programs I need to install will install even if requires user interaction? I have a command that open up the program for split sec and then closes it and does a quite install.

setup.exe -a -a will extract the proper drivers if it's for intel. Then just put what ever controller you have on your CD. 865 uses ICH5 and most current boards do.

otherwise...

if it's an installshield app, -r and -f1 are your friend. unattended.msfn.org tells how to use them

Alanoll that almost what I ended up doing. It was very similar. I did read your post cause I had to reinstall windows cause I was playing around with some drivers and things got messed up but thanks for all your help

but those install one's are a pain, as they're not present in the actual archive you download. You have to run the SETUP in administrative mode, to get the proper files. Why can't Intel just make things easy? :)

for all three of the mentioned chipsets, i just extracted the .EXE install file, which gave me a whole bunch of crap (directories)... I grabbed only the stuff needed and put them into my $OEM$ directory....

(with Intel you only need the XP directory, with nvidia you need AudioDrv, AudioUtl, Ethernet, GART, MemCtl, SMBus etc etc...)

i've never even heard of running it in administrative mode before

Crusher,Jul 28 2004, 10:48 AM] i've tested it with HEAPS of computers of each of the 3 mentioned platform types... and it works great... all components get installed with the correct versions

Yep!

I did the same, and can confirm that what you say is true.

like I said a did something very simialar, but I took the drivers that I copyed on cd from the OEM version of windows I had and just copyed them over. They were almost like the one's in the package. The driver that gave me problems was my keyboard so I gues I will have to install that seperatly