Direct9.0c unattended

All i did was extract and run dxsetup.exe with the appropriate switches, which i think was /silent /noreboot and no issues were encountered.

Why the need to use a modified one when the original works perfectly well?

Would this be the correct command to use to put in my install.cmd file?

ECHO.
ECHO Installing DirectX 9.0C
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\DirectX9c\dxsetup.exe /silent /noreboot

wuschel,

That sounds to me like a mis-spelt switch as one works and the other doesn't.  Try using the switches as stated in the post by baza23 which works for eveybody else.

Hope that helps.

I just tried a new disc and it comes up with invalid switch when trying to install directx9c, is there a problem with the command I used.

ECHO.
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\DirectX9c\dxsetup.exe /silent /noreboot

I'm pretty sure that the /noreboot switch doesn't work :(

This works for me:

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "DirectX 9.0c" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\DirectX\dxsetup.exe /silent" /f

But it executes very fast in XP SP2 so maybe it is already included in SP2? Anyone knows about this?

• 2 weeks later...

So, if i put the file directx_9c_redist.exe in the update subfolder of i386 folder of windows xp and add to the file svcpack.inf this line -> directx_9c_redist.exe /silent /noreboot , i'll get this working fine? tks in advance.

PS.: whats the noreboot switch?:)

Aaron,

ECHO.

ECHO Please wait...

this is posted on page4 of this topic, by baza23, thats why i said it.

i've unpacked it and i have several files, should i put them all on /update folder and add the line dxsetup.exe /silent to de svcpack.inf?

tks in advance Aaron.

P.S.: baza23 used a .cmd file, should i use it or svcpack for the directx is enough?